Something to Take Our Minds off of Our Current Situation.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like Rush, but "Overture, The Temples of Syrinx" is by far their best work.

Chris

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Steve...I love ya like a brother but you are pure evil!! That was totally out of line my friend :emoji_laughing:

I really don't like Prince,
Robert
I used to think Prince was a little weird - grew up on 70’s rock. Over the years I’ve grown to appreciate artists that seem odd at first. Prince is definitely one of them. The story behind this is actually pretty funny, basically he didn’t rehearse the solo and just told everyone “I’ve got something for you.” I knew he played bass (and basketball thanks to Dave Chappelle) but never knew he could handle aN electric guitar this well.

I'm kind of surprised to see Joe Bonamassa hasn't received any props. We went to see him in Sacto shortly before we moved last year, that man can swing an axe and he's got a pretty fine voice. I'd like to see one of his acoustic shows, few and far between. RAY

Oh yeah...I had Joe Bonnamassa on my list when I posted. His music is a little different, BUT he is ONE of the best, if not THE best, guitar player I've seen. I've had front row seats for several of his concerts.

Just got back from taking a beautiful wife and a spoiled fat dog to the park for a waddle and a swim. Thought of a few more that I don't know that I've seen listed yet.

-Supretramp
-Warren Zevon
-Steve Winwood
-Yusef "Cat" Stevens
-Kansas
-Nazareth
-Robert Palmer

I think those are it...for now.

I got a bad case of lovin' you!!
Robert

LOL, Robert!!
You say you took "A beautiful wife" to the park.

That wording Sounds like it was either "Somebody else's wife", or you have more than one, and you only took one.

Bear

Oh yeah...I had Joe Bonnamassa on my list when I posted. His music is a little different, BUT he is ONE of the best, if not THE best, guitar player I've seen. I've had front row seats for several of his concerts.

I completely agree, he may be the best guitarist around these days. We saw him 12 rows back from the stage, center aisle. We were going to get tickets for his show in Phoenix but Covid-19 came to town instead. On yeah, we'rve got $800 wrapped up into a couple of seats in Reno for the middle of July to see Toby Keith, if they don't cancel the show by then we'll just eat them and not go. RAY

Yo fivetricks fivetricks and xray xray do any of these ring a bell? Nothing wrong with classic rock at all...love it...but some of the "newer" stuff isn't bad either! A lot of this is considered classic rock now.

Nirvana, Linkin Park, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, Oasis, Third Eye Blind, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Killers, Radiohead, REM.

Then you get into stuff like Dave Matthews Band, Blues Traveler, Barenaked Ladies, Sugar Ray, Hootie and the Blowfish, etc...

Other stuff like Sir mix a lot, Afroman, Vanilla Ice, and the Beastie Boys.

Forgive me if I overlooked it but for all the older stuff out there surprised no one mentioned Aerosmith, Queen, Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, Santana, or Fleetwood Mac.

Reactions: fivetricks and xray
Forgive me if I overlooked it but for all the older stuff out there surprised no one mentioned Aerosmith, Queen, Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, Santana, or Fleetwood Mac.

I may very well be wrong but I believe I've seen all (or at least most) of them mentioned. Every one of those groups it toward the top of my list but I didn't make mention because I thought I'd already seen them...but I may very well be wrong. Let's face it too, there have been so many listed, nobody could ever remember all of them. This has been a fantastic thread for sure!!

Robert

I may very well be wrong but I believe I've seen all (or at least most) of them mentioned. Every one of those groups it toward the top of my list but I didn't make mention because I thought I'd already seen them...but I may very well be wrong. Let's face it too, there have been so many listed, nobody could ever remember all of them. This has been a fantastic thread for sure!!

Robert

Page 8 man I probably overlooked it :emoji_laughing:

Yo fivetricks fivetricks and xray xray do any of these ring a bell? Nothing wrong with classic rock at all...love it...but some of the "newer" stuff isn't bad either! A lot of this is considered classic rock now.

Nirvana, Linkin Park, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, Oasis, Third Eye Blind, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Killers, Radiohead, REM.

Then you get into stuff like Dave Matthews Band, Blues Traveler, Barenaked Ladies, Sugar Ray, Hootie and the Blowfish, etc...

Other stuff like Sir mix a lot, Afroman, Vanilla Ice, and the Beastie Boys.

Yes to all!!

I grew up with 80s/90s music but I like music from all decades and genres. My Ipod selection is pretty diverse and you could listen to it for probably 2 weeks straight without repeating a song.

I was never into breaking ben. They are from my area (Wilkes-Barre) and have seen them a few times before they got big. I think of them as Nickleback, never really got into them either since it all sounded paint-by-numbers rock at that time. My favorite music from that area is probably Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Grew up listening to the beastie boys, that's a flash from the past.

Any love for jam bands like Widespread panic and OAR?

Page 8 man I probably overlooked it :emoji_laughing:

That was kinda what I thought. In the beginning of this thread I'd go back and read through the replies before posting any bands to see if they had already been mentioned. It's a bit lengthy for that at this point :emoji_astonished: It's cool though because a couple you mentioned I forgot to write down as music that needed to be on my Pandora play list. Made the notes this time and hope to start building that new list today.

Robert

In an earlier thread I mentioned, our bus burning down on the way to my first Jimmy Buffett concert...found the pictures. Makes for some memorable times, the rest is a bit hazy after the booze took hold.
IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

Any love for jam bands like Widespread panic and OAR?

Damn man forgot all about these bands! Funny you should mention widespread...many many years ago I went to a widespread concert on 4/20. Haze of smoke :emoji_laughing:

In an earlier thread I mentioned, our bus burning down on the way to my first Jimmy Buffett concert...found the pictures. Makes for some memorable times, the rest is a bit hazy after the booze took hold.

Dude that's crazy! Makes for some good memories though. The Zac Brown Jimmy Buffet stuff is pretty good. I mean its hard to dislike Jimmy Buffet.

Ok, you got me - I am now hooked on Joe Bonamassa.

Creating a Pandora playlist right now.

I have heard his name over the years but never really listened to him. Now I know why everybody raves about him.

John

Reactions: xray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky