So what do you plan on smoking for the Super Bowl ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

romy6

Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
 I am planning on smoking a brisket and some pork ribs since they are both on sale this weekend at my local meat man !!!!!

I think the temperature is suppose to be in the low teens so it may be hard to keep my grill regulated.  My plan is to smoke some Philadelphia Cheese Steak sausages that I will be making tonight.  We will have this with a Chilean Malbec that I made back in 2013.... Looking forward to it and I might even watch the game.  

Reactions: romy6
I ground, stuffed, and am smoking some Polish and Hungarian Sausage (Kielbasa and Kolbasz) now. We'll do some meatballs, pizza knots, brusceta, breads, spreads , veggies, dips, etc to serve with them as kind of a Smorgasbord.

I have a couple of slabs of baby backs but the weather seems like rain this weekend and I have no patio cover...arrgh. I'm going to prep them today and see how we go.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm making about 10 pounds of Scarbelly wings.  Thanks again, Scar! I know you'll be able to smell them up there!

Don't really watch football, but I was going to smoke wings and bacon on a stick (cured ribs). Then I found out that my friends are having a party for the SB, so we are going to that... and I only have 1 rack of ribs curing. Sooooo... I guess it's just wings! And those Scarbelly wings look amazing! Might have to give that a try!

I'll be smoking brisket and St. Louis ribs for a catering job - only 25 people, so the smoker won't be very full.  Coleslaw and Brisket baked beans for sides, and toasted Texas toast.  Easy gig - delivering 1 hour prior to the big game.

no smoking. weather looks terrible for Sunday. we're doing a appitizer plate thing. everyone brings their favorite snack. done this before and really get a snack food education.

I'm smoking some scarbelly wings. All injected, and vac-packed to marinate until tomorrow!

On the left are Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce with creole seasoning, and on the right are garlic butter with salt, pepper, and paprika.

Last edited:
Hey Killer   How far from east Texas to Your House,   Sounds great

gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky