So THIS happened the other day...could use a couple recipe ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 7, 2017
New York
So I retired a year ago after almost 34 years as an LEO and about a month ago I realized a lifelong dream and bought myself a new hunting partner. Ginger is a 2 year-old English Setter.
first-time-out-hunting-partner
I took some time to bond with her and now that deer season is winding down I decided it was time to get her out on some birds! What a great job she did! She pointed 8 pheasants (my buddy and I were able to shoot 7 of them) and retrieved every one of the shot birds to hand! I am so proud and happy. And it was my birthday to boot, so what a day! :emoji_sunglasses:
Any good pheasant recipes?
IMG-2072.jpg
IMG_2062.jpg

Such a great post. Tour pup did well! Here is a recipe for smoked pheasant. I've not tried it but seems good:

Reactions: K9BIGDOG
Great day for the Birthday Boy & his Partner!!
Haven't had Pheasant in years---Not many around here any more!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Wishing you a belated Happy B'day. Nice looking hunting partner, looks like she's all business, lol. Congrats on the early retirement. Thanks for sharing.

What a great birthday and hunting partner! Back in the day my female springers and I enjoyed so many successful pheasant hunts, then modern farming techniques and pesticides pretty much wiped out all the wild birds in CA. RAY

My God! How can you ever forget a day like that. We don't get that many perfect days in our lives. Love those pictures...a lot. Thank you! Chariie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky