• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

So THIS happened the other day...could use a couple recipe ideas

K9BIGDOG

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 7, 2017
So I retired a year ago after almost 34 years as an LEO and about a month ago I realized a lifelong dream and bought myself a new hunting partner. Ginger is a 2 year-old English Setter.
I took some time to bond with her and now that deer season is winding down I decided it was time to get her out on some birds! What a great job she did! She pointed 8 pheasants (my buddy and I were able to shoot 7 of them) and retrieved every one of the shot birds to hand! I am so proud and happy. And it was my birthday to boot, so what a day! :emoji_sunglasses:
Any good pheasant recipes?
IMG-2072.jpg
IMG_2062.jpg

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Retirement Congrats!
Belated BDay Wishes!
Nice dog, sounds well bred/trained... Bet she cost a small fortune!... Worth it obviously!
Nice hunt!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Way cool man, that is a good looking dog & Happy Birthday!
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Great day for the Birthday Boy & his Partner!!
Haven't had Pheasant in years---Not many around here any more!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
Wishing you a belated Happy B'day. Nice looking hunting partner, looks like she's all business, lol. Congrats on the early retirement. Thanks for sharing.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
What a great birthday and hunting partner! Back in the day my female springers and I enjoyed so many successful pheasant hunts, then modern farming techniques and pesticides pretty much wiped out all the wild birds in CA. RAY

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Beautiful pup! Looks like she's making sure none of those birds are faking!

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2020
My God! How can you ever forget a day like that. We don't get that many perfect days in our lives. Love those pictures...a lot. Thank you! Chariie

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
That last picture looks like it come from a magazine... perfect ...

Enjoy all three.. B'day, Dog, and retirement ..

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.