So I Was Gifted As Well ....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Keith I'd do 2 coats then heat it up when done with that I would put a 3rd coat on it and just leave it on there until you get ready to use it the first time then wipe it down heat it bit and light oil before starting the cook.
Just because it's big doesn't mean you have to light all the burners but having them is sure nice when you have company

Reactions: bigfurmn
Keith I'd do 2 coats then heat it up when done with that I would put a 3rd coat on it and just leave it on there until you get ready to use it the first time then wipe it down heat it bit and light oil before starting the cook.
Just because it's big doesn't mean you have to light all the burners but having them is sure nice when you have company
True, I have a 36" and a 32" it is easy to load them up when cooking entire meals, you will appreciate the real estate once you start using it.

And here I thought I would see bacon frying on it already! :emoji_blush:
They sure are nice to have!

Ryan

Houston... We have a problem...

So I go through and start lighting burners... Looking at each one after lighting... All's good after third burner is lit... As soon as I light the fourth burner they ALL go out ...

HMMMMM... I reset propane tank... try again.. same thing... goes on for about ten trys ...

HMMMMM ... let me try a fresh/new tank ... Turn valve on real slow so it doesn't close safety valve... Fire it up... 3 burners going... hit the 4th burner and they all go out ...

WTF...

So I light them again turning each one to low after lighting... All 4 them light... start turning them up to high and they all go out ... Any other Ideas ??

So I just ran them on low/med. for the seasoning...

after first seasoning..

IMG_1681.JPG

Second time around ....

IMG_1683.JPG

Spider web or some type of insect in the line.

Chris

Did you open them in a different order, one that fails first, turn it up all the way to see if that line has a leak or won't go on all the way.

Houston... We have a problem...

So I go through and start lighting burners... Looking at each one after lighting... All's good after third burner is lit... As soon as I light the fourth burner they ALL go out ...

HMMMMM... I reset propane tank... try again.. same thing... goes on for about ten trys ...

HMMMMM ... let me try a fresh/new tank ... Turn valve on real slow so it doesn't close safety valve... Fire it up... 3 burners going... hit the 4th burner and they all go out ...

WTF...

So I light them again turning each one to low after lighting... All 4 them light... start turning them up to high and they all go out ... Any other Ideas ??

So I just ran them on low/med. for the seasoning...

after first seasoning..

View attachment 631228

Second time around ....

View attachment 631229
When mine was doing that I got a new regulator and it fixed it. I also am in the camp of not using the wire wheel on a drill. I did just that when I got mine used from my grandparents that was all rusty. Thing has been the biggest PITA since. I've refinished mine 3 times and it still isn't right!

The more you use it the better it will get

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky