Snowlapalooza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
Trying to do our part to save the tundra and kill whitey!.......I had a great time with my
20240225_062140.jpg
3 boys chasing the tail end migration of snow geese in so I'll.
20240225_062145.jpg

20240225_062158.jpg

20240225_062216.jpg

20240225_074208.jpg
20240225_074208.jpg

20240225_075212.jpg

20240225_082035.jpg

Nice. I got recipes....just sayin.....
Spent 3-4 hours trimming and soaking the breast. Dropped that off with some Canada breast and venison trimmings to be made into sticks! Didn't have the time or energy to make them myself. Trimmed, cut to length and vacuum sealed
20240301_183008.jpg
r

Nice. I got recipes....just sayin.....
I haven't done a snow hunt since 2010, but I love to! It can be a really good time!

Do you guys have good numbers of them?

Man, that looks like a great hunt. Wish we had snowies out here like that. Must have been a great time with your boys. 🪿 🔫. Glad to see people keeping their kids in the good ways of life.
We had a fun time! Breakfast and lunch was provided in the pit, so no one got hungry or thirsty. Hunt all day!

Just an awesome hunt. Very impressive all around. My boys would kill for that opportunity.
As far as hunts go, it is a fairly inexpensive hunt. The guide charges $250 a day which includes a killer breakfast of bacon, eggs,hashbrowns, sausage biscuits and gravy, and a big Ole burger in the afternoon for lunch. Transportation from the trucks to the blind via side by sides. I believe they will clean your birds also. For us it was a 7 hour drive, one tank out, one tank back. The hotel was like $75 a night for a double ( that's with the discount from the guide) Just figure in your license and stamp and evening meals . We split 2 cases among all of us and I bought 2 more.......just in case. I think I figured it at 1250 a person worse case scenario .

As far as hunts go, it is a fairly inexpensive hunt. The guide charges $250 a day which includes a killer breakfast of bacon, eggs,hashbrowns, sausage biscuits and gravy, and a big Ole burger in the afternoon for lunch. Transportation from the trucks to the blind via side by sides. I believe they will clean your birds also. For us it was a 7 hour drive, one tank out, one tank back. The hotel was like $75 a night for a double ( that's with the discount from the guide) Just figure in your license and stamp and evening meals . We split 2 cases among all of us and I bought 2 more.......just in case. I think I figured it at 1250 a person worse case scenario .
Curious what outfit you went with and where? My brother in law and I have wanted to do this but most of them are crazy expensive. That seems like a pretty good price

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Great looking time.....And spending it with your boys only makes it better!

Jim
I'm sure they didn't realize the importance of the hunt to me. It wasn't about birds killed....

Reactions: JLeonard
Curious what outfit you went with and where? My brother in law and I have wanted to do this but most of them are crazy expensive. That seems like a pretty good price
Falling snows. Southern Illinois on the extreme east edge of the snow goose Mississippi flyway . What makes it nice, is the lack of other guides in the area. I think there is 3 total and 2 of them got busted last year baiting. If you want more info, just Holla. My buddy has been using this guy for years. This is the first time I could make it since the boys were usually in sports in the past!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky