Snow Finally is mostly gone (after 41 days)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Snow Finally is mostly gone (after 41 days)

Well, it took awhile, but it’s getting there:
Below are 2 pictures of the 31” of Snow we got back on February 3rd.

One was taken through my front Window, where the Driveway meets my Sidewalk.
And the other is taken through my back door window of the rear deck, and the table on the deck.

The other 2 pics were taken at the same places, but this was yesterday, March 16th.

I thought for awhile it was still gonna be here in July!!!

Bear

Our Deck & Table on Feb 3, 2021 after 31" of Snow fell in about 36 hours:
IMG_6670.jpeg

Same Deck & Table. Picture taken Yesterday---41 days later: (That's all that's left out back):
IMG_6901.jpeg

Picture taken through my Front Window, where the Driveway meets the Sidewalk, after 31" of Snow fell, on Feb 3rd.
It was plowed after the first 17", but another 14" fell over night----Ready to be plowed again:
IMG_6673.jpeg

Picture taken Yesterday, through the same Window---41 days later. That's the biggest pile of snow we have left:
IMG_6900.jpeg

I am glad to see the snow gone! Grew up in northern Indiana, joined the Army and every place the Army sent me was more snow. My wife retired from the Air Force and we now live in Oklahoma and I do not miss the snow at all. We did have some this year and some very cold temps here in Oklahoma but nothing like you guys had up north.

Glad it's disappearing for you! We were down to less than that until this last snow...thankfully it's melting. Want to see the grass again!

Ryan

Well looks like Snowpocalypse 2021 is finally running it course. I even see a little green in your pics.
Jim

Good to see you are finally out from underneath all that white stuff John! I'm looking forward to getting some real heat here, Bob's ready for his pool to open back up. RAY

Nice to see some green bear, just about all gone here to, but we're supposed to get a inch or two tomorrow night.

Looks like some nice weather the day you took the pics . That's a lot of snow . Id be glad it's gone too .

I am glad to see the snow gone! Grew up in northern Indiana, joined the Army and every place the Army sent me was more snow. My wife retired from the Air Force and we now live in Oklahoma and I do not miss the snow at all. We did have some this year and some very cold temps here in Oklahoma but nothing like you guys had up north.

Mine was the opposite:
My last 3 duty stations in the Army were Warm--Vietnam, Hawaii, and Texas.

Bear

Glad it's disappearing for you! We were down to less than that until this last snow...thankfully it's melting. Want to see the grass again!

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
Only thing wrong with grass is I gotta mow it every 5 or 6 days.
But Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: ravenclan
We are now without snow also except ravines and coulees. Ugly brown out though, can't wait to see things green up. Hope the weather holds for the ranchers as it is calving season for many.

What's your address, I'll send you some snow. :emoji_laughing: Our volume of snow is so large from this week's storm, we are running out of places to put it.

Man 31” of snow in a day!! That is crazy for sure. We got a lot more this year than recent years in Ohio but nothing like that. Glad you are looking more like spring.

OK
So would you rather move snow or mow? Have to keep the perspective on the lesser evil?

Almost a snow less winter for me.
Used the snowblower once (just to say I used it) and shoveled a few times.
A bit of snow and ice in the shaded sheltered areas.
We are now without snow also except ravines and coulees. Ugly brown out though, can't wait to see things green up. Hope the weather holds for the ranchers as it is calving season for many.
Many are already done with calves around here.
Starting to green in the open areas. Kid across the street mowed part of his yard on Sunday to chop leaves and discovered a few green spots.

Reactions: Winterrider
Glad it's clearing out, Bear. You have a nice property it's nice to see green rather than white. We had a snow less winter here in Ga, except for less than an inch a time or 2. Not too bad and certainly nothing compared to you and the folks in Texas and the surroundings. Now out West just got a huge storm. Spring is on the way.

Well looks like Snowpocalypse 2021 is finally running it course. I even see a little green in your pics.
Jim

I think we're done now, but We had enough! See Below:

Snow for 2020 * 2021 Winter
Dec 10————1”
Dec 14————3”
Dec 16————12”
Dec 26———— 1”
Jan 3—————2”
Feb 2—————31”
Feb 5—————2”
Feb 6—————3”
Feb 7—————5”
Feb 18————-5”
Feb 19————-2”
Feb 22————-6”
Feb 28————-2”———75” Total

Bear

Good to see you are finally out from underneath all that white stuff John! I'm looking forward to getting some real heat here, Bob's ready for his pool to open back up. RAY

I think Bob's always ready for a quick Dip in the Pool.

Bear

Nice to see some green bear, just about all gone here to, but we're supposed to get a inch or two tomorrow night.

They called for a couple one inchers in the last few days, but they never materialized. However in years past, we have had big snows in April, including 17 inches on April 10th.

Bear

Looks like outdoor grill/smoker time is just around the corner Bear. The Mrs. and I couldn't handle that anymore after living our adult life down south. That's one of the best things the Army did for us. Stay safe and healthy. 🍻

Thank You Wurst !!
Yup---Most of my Army was in much hotter places than PA (Vietnam, Hawaii, NC, GA, and Texas).

Bear

Looks like some nice weather the day you took the pics . That's a lot of snow . Id be glad it's gone too .

Yes it was, and we're always glad to see it go.---Now we're back to raining almost every day.

Bear

It is such a great sight to see all that snow disappear!

Yes it is!!
We get more up here because of our elevation, but you guys got more than your share too.

Bear

Yup---Greeen looks better than white, but brown is just ugly!!

Bear

What's your address, I'll send you some snow. :emoji_laughing: Our volume of snow is so large from this week's storm, we are running out of places to put it.

I don't know where you live---It's not in your Profile.
But hang on to it---It could come in handy in July & August.

Bear

Man 31” of snow in a day!! That is crazy for sure. We got a lot more this year than recent years in Ohio but nothing like that. Glad you are looking more like spring.

Thank You!!
Yup this one tied the biggest snow We've had.
We had 31" about 20 years ago.
Not a lot of fun either time!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Last edited:
I don't know where you live---It's not in your
But hang on to it---It could come in handy in July & August.

Bear

It's in the small print on my signature... 'At home on the range in Wyoming'. Water always comes in handy, until it comes in large amounts. Around about August is the beginning of forest fire season, so that's a good call.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky