• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Snow day...time to clean out the fridge!

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2013
I am a teacher and we got about a foot of snow on Long Island so I had a snow day. Got up early and shoveled so my wife could go to work. She was bitter about me having the day off haha. Later on in the day I was blessed with three hours to mess around in the kitchen, since my daughter decided to take her longest nap in recent history. Had leftover pulled pork and smoked chicken breasts plus a lot of vegetables in the fridge that had to be used before they took a turn for the worse. So the chicken was used for a smoked chicken Cobb salad for lunch.

And for dinner I made my normal chili recipe but substituted the pulled pork for the ground meat and sausage in the recipe..

Both turned out great. Not the best pics but I love repurposing leftovers so I thought I'd share.

kc5tpy

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2013
Hello.  Looks like 2 really good meals.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2013
Thanks! Had the chili again for dinner tonight and it was even better. That seems to always happen with chili. What else do you use pulled pork leftovers for?

duffman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2010
Great use of pulled pork. I have smoked a whole bunch of chicken before winter and froze it. I have been using it all winter to make soups, casseroles and tonight I am going to make some smoked chicken fettuccine alfredo. 

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Nice cook! Daughter knew what she was doing!

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Thanks! Had the chili again for dinner tonight and it was even better. That seems to always happen with chili. What else do you use pulled pork leftovers for?
I like to make enchaladas with left over pulled pork. Somewhere on this forum I have a receipe for Smoked Beef Enchaladas, I just change out the smoked beef for pulled pork.

Found it- Dutch's Smoked Shredded Beef Enchalads: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/53052/dutchs-smoked-shredded-beef-enchiladas/0_30#post_33984

duffman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2010
I am going to try a Pulled Pork Sheppard's pie next week that was in Jeff's SM book. We also love Pulled pork nachos.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.