Snow day...time to clean out the fridge!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 3, 2013
Massapequa, NY (Long Island)
I am a teacher and we got about a foot of snow on Long Island so I had a snow day. Got up early and shoveled so my wife could go to work. She was bitter about me having the day off haha. Later on in the day I was blessed with three hours to mess around in the kitchen, since my daughter decided to take her longest nap in recent history. Had leftover pulled pork and smoked chicken breasts plus a lot of vegetables in the fridge that had to be used before they took a turn for the worse. So the chicken was used for a smoked chicken Cobb salad for lunch.

And for dinner I made my normal chili recipe but substituted the pulled pork for the ground meat and sausage in the recipe..

Both turned out great. Not the best pics but I love repurposing leftovers so I thought I'd share.

Thanks! Had the chili again for dinner tonight and it was even better. That seems to always happen with chili. What else do you use pulled pork leftovers for?

drool.gif

Great use of pulled pork. I have smoked a whole bunch of chicken before winter and froze it. I have been using it all winter to make soups, casseroles and tonight I am going to make some smoked chicken fettuccine alfredo. 

Thanks! Had the chili again for dinner tonight and it was even better. That seems to always happen with chili. What else do you use pulled pork leftovers for?

I like to make enchaladas with left over pulled pork. Somewhere on this forum I have a receipe for Smoked Beef Enchaladas, I just change out the smoked beef for pulled pork.

Found it- Dutch's Smoked Shredded Beef Enchalads: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/53052/dutchs-smoked-shredded-beef-enchiladas/0_30#post_33984

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky