Snow and the first day of spring

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Left Tucson Monday at noon with temp. about 90-arrive in Nashville IL. today at noon with the temp. about 40 and a chance of snow. they can have it-gimme the warm desert.  

It has been snowing here also on and off all day today. Calling for 1-3" tonight..... not too bad, but it's not what I was hoping for, for the first day of spring. 

HE HEEEE.. I'll have to call my brother in Brockport and see If he's snowed in
My Parents live in Brockport, and my sister and Niece live in Hilton.  Small world!
biggrin.gif

HE HEEEE.. I'll have to call my brother in Brockport and see If he's snowed in
Nothing in brockport. I have nothing here 20 minutes east if brockport. This picture is from the east end of the lake, about two hours east of me. Tug Hill plateau, they are famous for thier snow totals. Hopefully Pops will see this and post a pic from a few years back.

No thanks. I have a pool to install in the next few weeks! Think spring!
No kidding! Spring better hurry! Plus with that new pool, I think you are still on the hook to host the 1st ever Michigan members gathering right? LOL

Thankfully no big snows here for the first day of spring, just flurries here and there, but the cold has been unrelenting; feels like old man winter has got us by the throat and won't let go!

Yeah that's pretty much been the norm here. When does spring usually arrive in the "Gem state"? (I learned that from Napoleon Dynamite!)
laugh1.gif

Last edited:
Yeah that's pretty much been the norm here. When does spring usually arrive in the "Gem state"? (I learned that from Napoleon Dynamite!)
laugh1.gif
Oh no!  Not Napoleon Dynamite...maybe someday the state will live that one down.

Well, we had a week of spring last week.  It seems like we get a week of teaser weather, then a week or four of up and down weather then it heads staight to summer.  Sometimes though we actually get a really nice spring, hopefully about mid April.

Froze my toes off at 6:30am in Clt, NC for an hour doing a mare-stare (pregnant horse, due any day, totaled faked me out with phantom contractions) in my office clothes... It was 24 degrees!!! OUCH!!!

Man oh man, I strongly dislike being up here!! March is dang near over and they're calling for up to 8" starting tomorrow morning! When I first got here last year at the beginning of March it snowed once the first week then climbed into the 80's and pretty much that was it.....minimal nasty spring weather and lot's of lovely warm days! I've been wearing pants and shoes since mid October and I'm sick of it. I want cut-offs and my lord boards.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky