Smoking Trifecta-- Pork Loin fattie-style, Babybacks, and Chuck Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jwbtulsa

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Started out the night before last by cutting open a hunk of pork loin. Topped with portobella mushroom, sweet peppers. Sprinkled with white pepper and garlic powder. Final layer of Havarti Dill. Rolled up, tied, and spinkled with a little rub.

All tucked in a bacon weave

A little more rub before going back into the fridge

I also rubbed up two racks of babybacks with Head Country and a 4lbs. chuck roast with Savory brand Black Dust coffee and spice rub.
Beautiful morning to smoke. Today's first wood is some Mesquite splits I chopped up .

Temps. running 230-245F. Time to dropped in the chuck roast. The rub had absorbed very well over night so I added some extra Head Country to both sides.

About three hours into it. Getting ready to add the loin. Loving the color.

Time to mellow the smoke for the pork so I decide to switch to some peach wood. I love its sweet aroma.

Here is the loin in the basket ready to go in.

And here is a shot of the three amigos. The chuck is getting close to 180F so it's time to pan/foil. I added a cup of Au Jus from my last SOB/Chef JimmyJ brisket.

Loin is finished, ready for foil and faux cambro.

Out of the cooler and getting ready to cut her open

First slice

Chuck roast IT is 200F but not fork tender just yet. refoiled and placed in the oven at 215F until the rest of the meal is complete.

Now we're done. Will skim the fat from the drippings and then return it to the meat.

just pulled, no drippings but VERY moist.

BABYBACKS>
Two hours in the smoke around 240F. Then foiled and continued cooking for 1.5 hours. Then bac into the smoke to finish. Also glazed with Bone Sucking Sauce
**CORRECTION** Not Bone Sucking Sauce but leftover homemade foiling juice modified from Chef JimmyJ's recipe. Thanks Chef. That stuff is great!

Another shot after the chop

Also smoked some sweet peppers in olive oil and Rooster Booster. Very tasty treats

Plated.
Pork Loin fattie-style, babyback ribs, Bixby sweet corn, Ceasar pasta salad, and sweet pepers.

http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);

Good times indeed

Last edited:
Holey Moley...good times indeed. That's some awesome outlay of chow....the brisky looked smoked into submission. I don't think I've ever seen a fattie that big...lol. Well played....

That looks well worth it - good job
thumb1.gif
   I like the loin fatty - it's pretty stout 
smile.gif

Thanks. Picked up a Canon DSLR before the holidays. Interesting how sensitive food photography can be. Lots to learn which is a good reason cook some more!

Thanks. Picked up a Canon DSLR before the holidays IT Shows, trust me!. Interesting how sensitive food photography can be. Lots to learn which is a good reason cook some more!
YEP, I may take 20 or so photos in Full Manual before I get the pic I like.

I figured we spend so much time prepping, we might as well give the camera the same attention.

Kudos Again

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky