smoking pork back ribs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Burly567

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 29, 2019
Grand Junction, Colorado
I just put some in the fridge to thaw and was wondering if you treat them the same way as beef back ribs?

I've read that you smear some mustard on them (beef) and then add the rub.

I also know that pork cooks faster than beef, so do I still do the 3-2-1, or go 2-2-1?

some people do some don't i've tried them both ways and really didn't see much of a difference, I usually just put the rub on the night before i'm going to smoke them

good luck let us know how you make out, if your doing two racks put mustard on one and not the other and see what you like better

I just put some in the fridge to thaw and was wondering if you treat them the same way as beef back ribs?

I've read that you smear some mustard on them (beef) and then add the rub.

I also know that pork cooks faster than beef, so do I still do the 3-2-1, or go 2-2-1?

There are many ways to skin a cat. 321, 221 are for smoking at 225* and to be only used as a guideline. If you use a therm then your shooting for about 195* if your going on instinct then use the bend test. Personally, whether I foil or not my ribs don't come off the grill until they pass the bend test - but that's me and how my family likes them. Personally I don't think mustard is needed as the rib meat is usually moist enough to hold most rubs. I really like baby-backs, however lately they have a huge hunk of loin meat attached to the top of the rib. So I avoid them unless I can find some without the added meat. Let us know how your ribs come out and if you have any questions - fire away.

Chris

I just rub mine and refrigerate for 2 hours. I smoke them at 225 for 2 1/2 hours and wrap them with apple juice for 2 hours. Then I sauce them and put them on the grill for 10 minutes per side. They are FOB. I know a lot of people don't like them that way, but that's how I like them.

Reactions: drdon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky