Smoking Multiple Items at once

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bestenson

Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
I have a new Traeger and am very new to smoking. After a couple successful single meat smokes I want to start smoking a full meal. This weekend I'm planning to smoke a pork butt. I want to run it slow at 225 but also cook some poppers, meatballs and other apps that require a higher temperature; 350 degrees. What is the best way to get apps cooking at the higher temperature while cooking the pork that wants the lower temp. The idea is to have the pork cooking and then toss the apps on during the cooking time so we can eat them before the pork is done. Is it OK to just jack up the heat for 45 mins then bring it back down? Thanks

Run the pork butt at 225F until it comes OUT of the stall, then crank the heat up to 350F. Depending on the butt's size, it should finish in 2-3 hours if it is an 8-10 lb butt. Throw on the other items depending on their timing.

Or, let the butt finish, and while it is resting, do the other stuff.

The butt wouldn't hurt to run at that temp either unless you just want it in there longer for more smoke at the lower temp.

Pork butt is pretty forgiving, I'd just run it higher while cooking your munchies and then lower it back down

Reactions: timmyk
Crank her up, its pretty hard to mess up a pork butt by running to much heat. They are so we'll marbled. All it might do is shorten your cooking time IMO

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky