Smokin-It Hidden Clog

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Count Porcula

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2020
Thought I'd post this for other people who, like me, were slow to notice a problem with smoker vents.

Crud accumulates in the bottom of smokers and can clog air vents. Everyone knows that. But today I was cleaning my Smokin-It, and I found a problem that was new to me. Crud accumulated UNDER the smoker and clogged the vent. A sort of crud knob built up around the hole. I removed it, and the smoke looks really good now.

I improved my cleaning strategy somewhat. I now put a bucket under the smoker when I clean. The filth goes out the vents and into the bucket. Obvious, I suppose, but I didn't think of it until today.

Not a huge fan of baby backs, but they were on sale for 50% off, so they're on the menu today.

When it is cold out, the fats and liquids dripping out can solidify. That will make a mountain that can plug the drain hole also. Don't ask how I know!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky