Smoker went out. ruined?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RuinedMeat

Original poster
Dec 20, 2021
So I started my weber Kettle with the snake method at around 7am this morning. Threw a pork but on and went to work. Basically it cooked all day, got 170 internal. I had asked my wife to keep an eye on the grill temp and meat temp. it was last checked at 3:30pm. Got home around 5, smoke was out grill was at like 90 degrees, meat was at 145 internal. I got a fire real quick and got the grill up to temp... its currently at 326 and climbing. Meat temp fell to 137 and still seems to be falling as grill temp rises grill now 330 with vents all but all closed. Is this thing screwed? Does it makes sense to leave it on and try to get it to 200? Never had this happen before.

You are fine continue with your smoke either in the smoker or as suggested foiled and in an oven

Have you ever reheated a butt basically that's what you are doing. You can hold meat at 140 all day long and it be safe. If your temps are correct it wasn't below 140 for very long at all so just treat it as doing the butt take it to whatever internal temp you normally take a butt to

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky