Smoker too Hot! Dynaglo dual Burner LP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Srock

Original poster
Aug 2, 2019
Boston
New to the forums

Smoking for a couple of years- my old and first smoker a masterbuilt vertical water smoker was too small and rusted out after several years.

Just purchased a 44" Dynaglo vertical dual burner unit- assembled it and have seasoned it but can't get it below 230 on one burner at lowest setting- not difference operating on left or right burner. water and wood chips in- thin smoke - igrill for temp measurement.

Dynaglo support very helpful and sending me a new gas regulator. Is that likely to help?

Have read about adjustible gas regulators and wonder if that is a possible fix as well.

Any help appreciated.

Steve

I've read that the regulator on these can be suspect at times, so it could be that this'll help. If not I'd suggest perhaps just lighting one of the two burners? Given how much meat you can pack in here, you'd need both if it were jammed full. I imagine you'd need the BTUs to get the temp up in a large smoker that's got a lot of large cuts being smoked - I used to have that problem in my old vertical when smoking 8 butts at once - that was two to a small 16" rack x4 racks... just wouldn't get hot enough. Anyway I see it's been a few weeks since you posted so if the regulator helped with the gas flow please let us know.

One of the forums gassers should chime in at some point with some advice and first hand knowledge. I was just wondering what your smoking that you need to go below 230* or are you talking about cold smoking.

Chris

I am hitting 240 with just one burner on low- putting in an extra 8x10" water pan below my meat has helped with drips as well as some help with temp

I suspect I will easily be able to smoke in the winter mos (Massachusetts)

I often smoke chicken and fish with a goal temp of 225.

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky