Smoker cover

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Patrickio

Original poster
Jan 1, 2018
I just got a Old Country BBQ Pit Smokehouse Vertical Smoker and cannot find a cover. Dimensions are 26 x 26 x 70 high. Anyone have a suggestion?

If your looking for a temporary cover to protect it from the elements until you find a good cover. Try a plastic garbage bag.

Chris

There are a bunch of smokers of cabinet design that you can get covers for.. not sure about one almost 6 feet tall though.. I was gonna say to get a tarp and 3 bungee cords.

Yea, a heavy duty garbage bag over the top & a large tarp to cover the whole thing.
You can secure the tarp with clamps or bungee's. Or yo can do as said above & have one custom made.
Al

Me and Johnny B have the same-o same-o Brinkman Smoker-Bar-B-Que.
I have this 55 gallon chemical drum with the top cut out.
I pulled my Bradley Smoke Generator off the side, put it inside, and put the other stuff inside the little R2D2, then plunked the plastic drum down over it and Wa-La!
Heavy dooty cover for the "wet" season.

Ordinarily, that drum is used to hold crushed aluminum cans. But I made a run and it, and two 32 gallon can's are empty now. They have holes I punched in them to let air circulate and keep my cans dried out.
(They ding me for wet cans. But not for the 1 or 2 pea gravel crushed inside them...) :p
Cheater, cheater, punkin eater!

Looks like dis:
20180114_115425[1].jpg

A long time ago, I actually grafted 3 drums together to make a tall chamber. I used it as a sawdust separator for my wood shop.
But I had access to free empty plastic chemical drums from work.
If your smoker would fit inside a plastic drum cut at the first line, stuck over another with the top cut off and the bottom cut off, you could stack up a hum-dinger of a house for your smoker.

Last edited:
I just got a Old Country BBQ Pit Smokehouse Vertical Smoker and cannot find a cover. Dimensions are 26 x 26 x 70 high. Anyone have a suggestion?
I purchased this one, after shopping for a month, it seems to be a pretty good fit.
Classic Accessories 55-857-051501-00 Veranda Square Smoker Cover,...
Sold by: Amazon.com
$44.00

Attachments

• A__8B9D.jpg
    A__8B9D.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 72
I bought a classic accessories large sofa cover for my Yoder smokers loaded Wichita. I caught a good sale on Amazon, it was $41 and some change. It fits very well and looks like it was made for the offset smoker. I have one on my weber genesis also, it has held up well here in Iowa going on 2.5 years now.

How are you liking The smokehouse? do you feel like it that you're getting enough smoke on your protein?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky