Smoker cover

Discussion in 'For New Members' started by Patrickio, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Patrickio

Patrickio Newbie

I just got a Old Country BBQ Pit Smokehouse Vertical Smoker and cannot find a cover. Dimensions are 26 x 26 x 70 high. Anyone have a suggestion?

2. If you are willing to pay for one, I bought a cover for my offset smoker from a company called CoverUs. They are based in New York, and they did a good job.

Here is a link to their website. http://coverus.com/

3. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Fanatic

If your looking for a temporary cover to protect it from the elements until you find a good cover. Try a plastic garbage bag.

Chris

4. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

There are a bunch of smokers of cabinet design that you can get covers for.. not sure about one almost 6 feet tall though.. I was gonna say to get a tarp and 3 bungee cords.

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Yea, a heavy duty garbage bag over the top & a large tarp to cover the whole thing.
    You can secure the tarp with clamps or bungee's. Or yo can do as said above & have one custom made.
    Al

6. entourageguy

entourageguy Newbie

go see a local boat top guy.

7. SonnyE

SonnyE Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Me and Johnny B have the same-o same-o Brinkman Smoker-Bar-B-Que.
    I have this 55 gallon chemical drum with the top cut out.
    I pulled my Bradley Smoke Generator off the side, put it inside, and put the other stuff inside the little R2D2, then plunked the plastic drum down over it and Wa-La!
    Heavy dooty cover for the "wet" season.

Ordinarily, that drum is used to hold crushed aluminum cans. But I made a run and it, and two 32 gallon can's are empty now. They have holes I punched in them to let air circulate and keep my cans dried out.
    (They ding me for wet cans. But not for the 1 or 2 pea gravel crushed inside them...) :p
    Cheater, cheater, punkin eater!

Looks like dis:
    20180114_115425[1].jpg

A long time ago, I actually grafted 3 drums together to make a tall chamber. I used it as a sawdust separator for my wood shop.
    But I had access to free empty plastic chemical drums from work.
    If your smoker would fit inside a plastic drum cut at the first line, stuck over another with the top cut off and the bottom cut off, you could stack up a hum-dinger of a house for your smoker.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 2:38 PM