Smoked Whole Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MelonSC

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
Omaha, Nebr
Doing an almost last minute whole chicken today. I say last minute because I think it was just pulled from the freezer yesterday. I put it in a brine last night to help with flavor (I hope) and help with thawing.

My question is if it's still cold in the middle, will it just extend the cook time? It's my first whole chicken and planning to run the smoker at 300-350. I'm curious to cook time, but I know size will dictate how long. I'm planning for 2-3 hours, but we'll see :)

Thanks everyone!

Yes, a partially frozen whole bird will go a bit longer. Consider Spatchcocking the bird. The inside will be exposed and you will save some cook time overall...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky