• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Trout with Q-view

smokingloon

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Last weekend we caught a bunch of cutthroat trout on Henry's Lake in Island Park Idaho. I ended up with just over 10 lbs of fillets for smoking.  Below is the Brine recipe I used, (Minor adjustments to Bearcarver's Salmon Recipe) the fish turned out very good, but adding the fresh Jalapeno's still pretty mild in flavor.

1st Batch Brine:

1/2 quart apple juice

1/2 water

1/3 cup soy sauce

1/3 cup kosher salt

1/2 brown sugar

1 tsp Garlic powder

1 tsp Onion Powder

1 tsp Cayenne Powder 

2nd Batch Brine:

1/2 quart apple juice

1/2 water

1/3 cup soy sauce

1/3 cup kosher salt

1/2 brown sugar

1 tsp Garlic powder

1 tsp Onion Powder

1 tsp Cayenne Powder   

4 Fresh Jalapeno's diced

4 Fresh Garlic Cloves Diced

Let fillets soak in the brine for 8 hours

Smoked and Sealed, didn't get a Pic's when they came out of the smoker. It was about 1:30 or 2:00 AM Tuesday Morning when I finally got the fillets out of the Smoker.

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
those look great.... smoked fish cant get any better........... thanks for sharing...........

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Very very nice Loon !

Thanks for the view,

Bear

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Man oh Man I bet I could hurt myself eating those yummO looking morsels of pure goodness. Great Job and your brine sounds good too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.