Smoked Trout with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingloon

Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Utah
Last weekend we caught a bunch of cutthroat trout on Henry's Lake in Island Park Idaho. I ended up with just over 10 lbs of fillets for smoking.  Below is the Brine recipe I used, (Minor adjustments to Bearcarver's Salmon Recipe) the fish turned out very good, but adding the fresh Jalapeno's still pretty mild in flavor.

1st Batch Brine:

1/2 quart apple juice

1/2 water

1/3 cup soy sauce

1/3 cup kosher salt

1/2 brown sugar

1 tsp Garlic powder

1 tsp Onion Powder

1 tsp Cayenne Powder 

2nd Batch Brine:

1/2 quart apple juice

1/2 water

1/3 cup soy sauce

1/3 cup kosher salt

1/2 brown sugar

1 tsp Garlic powder

1 tsp Onion Powder

1 tsp Cayenne Powder   

4 Fresh Jalapeno's diced

4 Fresh Garlic Cloves Diced

6435d085_DSCN0036.jpg

Let fillets soak in the brine for 8 hours

f044c88b_DSCN0039.jpg

Smoked and Sealed, didn't get a Pic's when they came out of the smoker. It was about 1:30 or 2:00 AM Tuesday Morning when I finally got the fillets out of the Smoker.

1ddb9bcc_DSCN0041.jpg

those look great.... smoked fish cant get any better........... thanks for sharing...........

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man I bet I could hurt myself eating those yummO looking morsels of pure goodness. Great Job and your brine sounds good too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky