Smoked Sloppy Joes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Love making 1/2 lb burgers and smoking them for dishes. The smoke really comes through. You can see how juicy the meat is.

20230830_150559.jpg 20230830_154616.jpg

Should of took a cut shot but these where perfectly cooked burgers for me. You can still see a little pink in meat.

20230830_154554.jpg 20230830_155618.jpg

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Lots of garlic I use wild elephant garlic
1-1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup diet cola
2/3 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dry mustard
3 Tbsp. Splenda Brown Sugar.
Black Pepper
Cayenne

20230830_155633.jpg

At this point the smoke hits your nose

20230830_160559.jpg

Everything in and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes stirring ever 10. Let sit for one hour to thicken up good.

20230830_173415.jpg

Got some deli buns that were really good. Not had any really good corn again this year. Guess I need to go to Michigan!

20230830_175702.jpg

Made up some Chocolate and Peach spirits. These are my friends favorites. Blueberry and Hazelnut are close 2nds.

20230830_165958.jpg

I love smoked sloppy joes. I got the inspiration from doing a version of "over the top" chili and just ran with it. Yum.

Reactions: LhornR
Love making 1/2 lb burgers and smoking them for dishes. The smoke really comes through. You can see how juicy the meat is.

View attachment 674890View attachment 674888

Should of took a cut shot but these where perfectly cooked burgers for me. You can still see a little pink in meat.

View attachment 674891View attachment 674893

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Lots of garlic I use wild elephant garlic
1-1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup diet cola
2/3 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dry mustard
3 Tbsp. Splenda Brown Sugar.
Black Pepper
Cayenne

View attachment 674885

At this point the smoke hits your nose

View attachment 674884

Everything in and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes stirring ever 10. Let sit for one hour to thicken up good.

View attachment 674881

Got some deli buns that were really good. Not had any really good corn again this year. Guess I need to go to Michigan!

View attachment 674880

Made up some Chocolate and Peach spirits. These are my friends favorites. Blueberry and Hazelnut are close 2nds.

View attachment 674882

Mouth's a waterin' man! Could you still hit them with some flame to sear them for burgers or would it dry them out too much?

Nice job Brian those look fantastic

Point for sure
Chris

Be
Mouth's a waterin' man! Could you still hit them with some flame to sear them for burgers or would it dry them out too much?
To be honest I have not tried. I made them last week just for burgers and they were really good just the way they were but you can try and see? I been using a technique from ballistic bbq of putting small pieces meat in a cookie cutter than press down. It makes them really tender but also makes them easier to fall apart when flipping.

Reactions: LhornR
Looks great! I made keto sloppy joes awhile back and was in love all over again with sloppy joes!

Looks great! I made keto sloppy joes awhile back and was in love all over again with sloppy joes!
That Victoria lady has a keto bun that I bought the mold to make but not sure the new version flour will work? I just had blood work and taking a week off diabetes :emoji_wink:

Reactions: jcam222
I help out at an annual BBQ and we have hot dogs and sloppy Joes (a slightly jazzed up version) as sides because there are plenty of kids. Quite a few adults will dive into the sloppy Joes as well.

Reactions: jcam222
That looks good enough to eat for breakfast.
Man that was a great idea!
Great Brian, I like to also smoke my hamburger before adding to things when I have the time, I crumble it up some first to get more coverage

Sloppy joe and corn , Like chilerelleno chilerelleno said I could eat that right now and it's 7 am

David
Thanks David. Made a good breakfast sammy!
Got enough to make me one too? Looks good from here.

Jim
Thanks Jim. Finished it off last night.
I love smoked sloppy joes. I got the inspiration from doing a version of "over the top" chili and just ran with it. Yum.
Thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
I help out at an annual BBQ and we have hot dogs and sloppy Joes (a slightly jazzed up version) as sides because there are plenty of kids. Quite a few adults will dive into the sloppy Joes as well.
Sounds like fun
Soooo.........

Can we get another thread to address these?

Asking for, well.......

ME!!!!!
I use Prestige Essence Flavorings added to 80 proof spirits with some sugar free sweetners. There are surprisingly good.
Oh heck yeah

Looks good.
Thanks Rick. Sloppy Joe also makes a great Hobo Pie..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky