Smoked salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SKade

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 21, 2019
West Virginia
I did a filet of salmon when I had the smoker going for a little brisket. I seasoned it with some everything bagel seasoning and brown sugar. It will be going on some everything bagel thins in the morning for breakfast.
9CAB8502-DAEC-4153-827D-7363BC7ADF29.jpeg

That should make a great breakfast. I'm not a bagel eater, so I have no idea about an everything bagel seasoning is. But with that salmon, I figure it should be delicious.
Gary
Thanks Gary. It’s a combination of poppy seeds sesame seeds garlic onion and a little bit of everything. It came out pretty tasty. The spices and sugar blended nicely.

That sounds like a delicious breakfast. I might need to try that.
What IT did you pull it at?

What temp did you smoke it at? Is it Coho? Looks great!

Last edited:
OK WOW!
I have a big vac pack of everything bagel seasoning & never thought to use it on salmon.
Well it will be on the next salmon I smoke. Thanks for the idea!
Al

Nice filet!

I smoked some yesterday using Hank Shaw's recipe. Pulled it when all 3 pieces where near or above 135. Tastes like salmon candy. W
SSalmon.jpg
ill marry up with crackers and cream cheese over the weekend.

Red, looks great. Since you like Salmon with Cream Cheese, try adding some Chopped Candied Ginger. The sweet occasional pop is a nice addition to the Smoke, Salt, of the Salmon and Tang of the.Cheese.
My oldest loves this stuff...JJ

Gingered Smoked Salmon Spread

1Lb Cream Cheese...Room Temp

1/2C Mayonnaise

1/4C Sour Cream

1Tbs Soy Sauce

1tsp Hot Sauce...Sriracha (Asian) or other

1/4tsp Black Pepper

1Lb Smoked Salmon...or other Smoked Fish, Flaked

1/4C Chopped Crystalized Ginger

1/4C Chopped Scallion

Process the first 6 ingredients until smooth...

For Fine Spread...add remaining and Pulse to desire consistency...

For Chunky Spread...Fold in remaining with a spatula...

For a Change of Pace!

Substitute... Ginger and Scallons with...

1/4C Chopped Fresh Dill

2T Chopped Capers

2T Chopped Fresh Chives

Look for Australian Candied Ginger. It's the highest quality and has a less pungent finish then Asian or McCormick and the like...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky