• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Raspberry Beer Can Chicken with Qview

dk666

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 15, 2010
I"m Nuts The temp was 24F and I decided to put a chicken on the WSM smoker today
Little frost on the Jingle bells thats for sure LOL
I Marinated a 41/2 pound Chicken overnite in a bag filled with half a bottle of Wishbone Raspberry Hazelnut dressing

I then put some Lemon Garlic and pepper on the inside and out and placed it over a can of Black Cherry pop on a stand before putting on the WSM over some Mesquite chunks

Here it is after an Hour right before I sprayed with Apple Juice and turned

Here's the Chicken all done and off the WSM

Finally here's the chicken meat all pulled and ready for dinner

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Ok I do not think your nuts.  that looks good

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
This is what's it's all about, I love the off the wall marinade and the cool smoke job!   Nice Job!  

wntrlnd

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 18, 2009
dang!  that's a beautiful chicken!

it even looked good before it went in the smoker!

there's nuthin' nutty 'bout that

outstanding Q view, dk666!

deannc

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 13, 2010
That's a great looking bird!  Thanks for the qview.  

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 17, 2010
Did the sweetness really come through in the finished product? I think I would like to try that as long as the sweetness isn't overbearing. Good lookin bird!

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Looks great. 24 degrees geez your having a heat wave. Must be nice. haha

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
you guys and your  heat waves crack me up    we got all the way down to 61 overnight and up to 73 today   its almost winter time

the chicken looks great by the way  that rasberry dressing puts a nice color on the skin

dk666

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 15, 2010
Did the sweetness really come through in the finished product? I think I would like to try that as long as the sweetness isn't overbearing. Good lookin bird!

No it was not over sweet you could taste it but was not Overbearing at all

dk666

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 15, 2010
you guys and your  heat waves crack me up    we got all the way down to 61 overnight and up to 73 today   its almost winter time

the chicken looks great by the way  that rasberry dressing puts a nice color on the skin

Were supposed to get a few inches of snow tonight I'm sure Thor my Husky will be waking me bright and early to get out there in the first snow of the season !!!

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 17, 2010
Alright man you convinced me. I love rasberry anything so I'm sure I'll like it on chicken. Have the bells defrosted?

No it was not over sweet you could taste it but was not Overbearing at all

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Thats one of the best looking  yard birds that I have seen on a longtime.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.