Smoked Raspberry Beer Can Chicken with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dk666

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
I"m Nuts The temp was 24F and I decided to put a chicken on the WSM smoker today
icon_eek.gif
Little frost on the Jingle bells thats for sure LOL
I Marinated a 41/2 pound Chicken overnite in a bag filled with half a bottle of Wishbone Raspberry Hazelnut dressing

ac5fae00_5225502410_9fa03b9bd7_z.jpg

I then put some Lemon Garlic and pepper on the inside and out and placed it over a can of Black Cherry pop on a stand before putting on the WSM over some Mesquite chunks

f1a29404_5225502668_24dd0bf709_z.jpg

Here it is after an Hour right before I sprayed with Apple Juice and turned

527b7e4e_5225502890_56162ddfba_z.jpg

Here's the Chicken all done and off the WSM

e4980560_5224907079_4321252f6a_z.jpg

fdcd08fa_5225503392_fd0ec4f420_z.jpg

Finally here's the chicken meat all pulled and ready for dinner

a7696613_5224907585_a514f298a9_z.jpg

Reactions: meateater
you guys and your  heat waves crack me up    we got all the way down to 61 overnight and up to 73 today   its almost winter time

the chicken looks great by the way  that rasberry dressing puts a nice color on the skin

Did the sweetness really come through in the finished product? I think I would like to try that as long as the sweetness isn't overbearing. Good lookin bird!

No it was not over sweet you could taste it but was not Overbearing at all

you guys and your  heat waves crack me up    we got all the way down to 61 overnight and up to 73 today   its almost winter time

the chicken looks great by the way  that rasberry dressing puts a nice color on the skin

Were supposed to get a few inches of snow tonight I'm sure Thor my Husky will be waking me bright and early to get out there in the first snow of the season !!!
icon_evil.gif

Alright man you convinced me. I love rasberry anything so I'm sure I'll like it on chicken. Have the bells defrosted?
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Did the sweetness really come through in the finished product? I think I would like to try that as long as the sweetness isn't overbearing. Good lookin bird!

No it was not over sweet you could taste it but was not Overbearing at all

icon_cool.gif

Thats one of the best looking  yard birds that I have seen on a longtime.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky