• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Japanese A5 Wagyu Ribeyes & Seared Scallops Over Coconut Rice with Mango Chutney & Pickled Cucumbers

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
It looks okay I guess.




Just kidding! It looks and sounds amazing! Awesome job! And Happy Birthday to the kid!
 
ON A SCALE OF I-TO 10 I'D HAVE TO GIVE THAT MEAL A SOLID 13, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! SCALLOPS? ALREADY OUT OF DUNGENESS CRAB BROUGHT BACK FROM THE OREGON COAST?

HAPPY B-DAY TO YOUR SON, HE EATS BETTER THAN ANYONE I KNOW!
 
Just WOW!

I can imagine you were dressed like this while eating.

View attachment 741327
……well that would be fun but shorts and a t-shirt….. so the modern tux of the day….lol!
Talk about totally NAILING that!

Perfect treatment for A5 and those scallops? Wooo.... cooked to perfection.

I think you should stop now because that's as good as it gets.

Cheers!

Bill
Much appreciated Bill! Yea my best hope is to be able to repeat it at some point I. The future…… it’s only an experience that happens every couple of years!
Wow that looks awesome! Some beautiful plating. A local Wagyu rancher just opened up a Wagyu meat market. To $$ for me. He did give me a couple flanken ribs to try.
Thanks Brian! Flanken ribs are tasty that’s a nice score…..honestly it’s less than a couple of x-box games…..lol!
Phenomenal! Simply amazing looking meal!
Many thanks Steve!
 
It looks okay I guess.




Just kidding! It looks and sounds amazing! Awesome job! And Happy Birthday to the kid!
Many thanks yankee! It was a good day I’ll pass on the wishes!
ON A SCALE OF I-TO 10 I'D HAVE TO GIVE THAT MEAL A SOLID 13, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! SCALLOPS? ALREADY OUT OF DUNGENESS CRAB BROUGHT BACK FROM THE OREGON COAST?

HAPPY B-DAY TO YOUR SON, HE EATS BETTER THAN ANYONE I KNOW!
Ah we didn’t do any crabbing on the coast but I did eat lots of crab (oh and the home freezer is full of crawfish we catch locally)…… but the scallops help reset the richness of the beef….need something to bring them back to this world….lol.

I’ll pass along the b-day wishes on to the boy and yea he is he eats pretty dang good! At least he eats Totinos pizza and box mac….lol.
 
So is your family going to have a FoodNetwork show soon?

Absolutely spectacular, sir!
Thanks Mike, and that's too funny but yea no..... we just aren't that interesting or drama filled enough....
 
Another fantastic meal at your place. I think this settles it; I am buying a place in Idaho. Any homes for sale on your block? Where do you source the A5 from?
 
Another fantastic meal at your place. I think this settles it; I am buying a place in Idaho. Any homes for sale on your block? Where do you source the A5 from?
Thanks ifits! I believe Idaho is FULL.....LOL do you do dishes and chop wood, if so maybe something can be arranged! LOL

We have ordered A5 twice now and both times have been through Costco. They usually have it on sale (like 20% off) in the last part of July or August.

It comes frozen and both times considerable dry ice has been in the box, ie it is shipped overnight on restricted delivery days in case an extra day is needed (no holding over the weekend), and the extra dry ice would have kept an extra day on both our shipments......

We like Costco because if there is an issue we drive to the box store and say $$$ back please..... Kinda piece of mind when you are shipping an Item like this!!!
Incredible plate there civil! Nice work man!
Much appreciated swamp!
Just plain fantastic 👍
Thanks WR!
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky