• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Pork Shoulder

bigj44

Joined Aug 4, 2013

Here is the pulled pork i smoked on Friday. I fired the smoker up at 6:30 am. Then i watched for it to get up to the right temp. Around 7:00 am i put my shoulder on ( rubbed down the previous night). I maintained the temp throughout the day. Mainly using hickory wood i also mixed in some apple too. The outside temp in the morning was around 35. I have a wireless monitor i use to see IT (also have quick read one i use too). Around 7:30 that night it was ready to go. The spritz i used had apple cider vinegar, apple juice, and captain morgan black in it. Let it rest for a few minutes before we shredded it with 2 forks. I also made some home made bbq sauce. Let me know what you think. It taste amazing most tender one i have done too date.

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 23, 2010
Wow!  Great looking pork butt!

Nicely done,

Bill

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Very nice bark.  I love bark.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Wow, I would really like some of that. Great job!

Disco

bigj44

Joined Aug 4, 2013
thanks eveyone... im off the next 2 days... looks like smoked chicken wings tomorrow and maybe a brisket on tuesday

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.