Smoked Mac and Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
E39C9DB2-BCBA-40EC-8F0D-1E33EE633B36.jpeg
FCD58D43-37E0-4A46-A89C-5ECAAEB10BAA.jpeg
9BD51EFE-AFD9-4D8B-81BA-A1458625890F.jpeg
2DD576BD-5A06-4664-B82C-277AFA71F0FD.jpeg
73E7E409-66C8-494D-8FC2-E422FAB03E0A.jpeg
BD601085-38DB-494E-A6A1-773C046609F7.jpeg
I had 3 racks of spares to cook today and my wife wanted some Mac and cheese. She made the roux, added some noodles, sautéed diced red onion, and asparagus (tried something different) chopped bacon, topped with bacon and Panco.
Came out pretty tasty but won’t use the asparagus again. Can’t taste it.
Had some impromptu company that arrived as the vittles came out of the cooker. Oak smoked, and also had some bell peppers, onions and sliced unseeded jalapeños roasting in pans with evoo and S&P. Really good flavor.

That’s a fine looking meal! I need to do some smoked Mac and cheese, but I either forget or I have to much on the smoker already.

Reactions: flatbroke
Really nice color on the ribs! I love smoked Mac and cheese. You can really taste the smoke. I think it’s a good candidate for trying to see if u can tell different flavor in wood sense it takes on smoke so well. Myself I can’t really tell much difference from one wood to another really. Altho I do find cherry and oak to turn out really good. Seems better then straight oak

What method did you use for the ribs? Smoked mac and cheese sounds amazing, I'm going to try that next weekend.

What method did you use for the ribs? Smoked mac and cheese sounds amazing, I'm going to try that next weekend.
Used it straight out of the package and dry rubbed. Let them sit in fridge for an hour.
Smoker came up to temp and I set them on the grate. Didn’t spritz, mop, wrap, or flip. Tried to Maintain 250 at grate level but the other side (about 36 inches) was 380. I rotated the end ones at 40 minute mark one time.

The one that had been closest to the firebox originally, finished in 3hrs 16 min. I sauced it at 3hr 10 and let it set for 5 min

Second rack came off 4hrs 10 min. Sauce 5 min prior to removing
3rd rack came off 4hrs 30 min. Sauce 5 min prior to removing. The 3rd rack tasted the best in my opinion.
All were great the last one just seemed to have more smoke flavor to me. I didn’t probe them for temp. I used a toothpick to probe for done ness.
They had great bite through and pull off the bone but still left the meat next to your bite.

Reactions: willbeg4q
Flatbroke that dish looks amazing. Nice job. I still need to try the smoked mac-n-cheese. That one has somehow eluded my smoker.

Point for sure.

Chris

Dang it man, you got to warn a feller, you can't start your post with that first shot of the Mac and Cheese without easing me into it, going to be all day clean the coffee out of my keyboard now!

That Mac and Cheese looks unbelievable, I just want to dive in headfirst. Good thing thing I am 1800 miles away or you would have had more impromptu company!

Trade ya some fresh pulled piggie for some mac and cheese.. ;)

That’s a fine looking meal! I need to do some smoked Mac and cheese, but I either forget or I have to much on the smoker already.

I bet the “company” could smell all that food and couldn’t help themselves! All the food looks awesome!

Really nice color on the ribs! I love smoked Mac and cheese. You can really taste the smoke. I think it’s a good candidate for trying to see if u can tell different flavor in wood sense it takes on smoke so well. Myself I can’t really tell much difference from one wood to another really. Altho I do find cherry and oak to turn out really good. Seems better then straight oak

That all looks great! I could kill some Mac and cheese right now I haven’t had noodles in months!!!!

Great cook! I need to smoke Mac & Cheese more often..... on it!

Flatbroke that dish looks amazing. Nice job. I still need to try the smoked mac-n-cheese. That one has somehow eluded my smoker.

Point for sure.

Chris

Dang it man, you got to warn a feller, you can't start your post with that first shot of the Mac and Cheese without easing me into it, going to be all day clean the coffee out of my keyboard now!

That Mac and Cheese looks unbelievable, I just want to dive in headfirst. Good thing thing I am 1800 miles away or you would have had more impromptu company!
Thanks for the kind words fellas

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky