Smoked Denver Cut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bob The Pitmaster

Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Denver cut.
2 hours at 248°F till 134°F IT.
Smoked with cherry wood.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1572384188443.jpg
    FB_IMG_1572384188443.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 200
Perfect cook for me.

I need to double check with my 2 butcher friends, but I think Denver is a new name for shoulder tender.

A good looking smoke! Looks Delicious!
i have heard of the Denver cut or Denver steak they sell them a lot here at food lion grocery stores.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

but I think Denver is a new name for shoulder tender.

I don't think so.
The tender is the teres major and comes from the top of the shoulder clod and is very lean. The Denver comes from the under blade bottom of the roll, and is the same muscle as the chuck short rib and has lots of marbling. Two very different types of beef.

Last edited:
A good looking smoke! Looks Delicious!
i have heard of the Denver cut or Denver steak they sell them a lot here at food lion grocery stores.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I see them all the time at the food lion's around here too but never cooked one. Always looked kind of like a breakfast steak. Might have to pick up a pack next time I am in there

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky