Smoked Cuttlefish & Smoked STRAWBERRIES!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Happy Saturday and post Valentine's delightfulness to all!

I hope that Cupid was good to you yesterday, and I took the leftover strawberries from my shopping yesterday, (first batch used in my "Barramundi & Steak" Surf/Turf post yesterday in the fish section), and smoked the fruit again today and with smoked cuttlefish!

It was even better!

I've decided not to mess around on the grill with the remaining steak, as it cooked too much. Instead I'm doing Steak Tartare  with that on Monday, but here's getting to TODAY!!!

Enjoy!

Cheers! - Leah

I put the cuttlefish and strawberries into a grapeseed oil "wiped" perforated grill pan, and put that on my smoker, with hickory chips and high heat for 20 minutes...

The smell was hypnotic! (AMAZING and more than I expected). And this went over a raw spinach salad with chopped raw elephant garlic...

And a super simple dressing of olive oil and apple cider vinegar...

And then red Hawaiian sea salt and black pepper and more olive oil over the whole plate as a finish....

I drank all of my Rosé yesterday and so this meal is paired with a Greek dry white...(but really SHOULD be with a dry [if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Template>Normal.dotm</o:Template> <o:Revision>0</o:Revision> <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime> <o:Pages>1</o:Pages> <o:Characters>5</o:Characters> <o:Company>Self</o:Company> <o:Lines>1</o:Lines> <o:Paragraphs>1</o:Paragraphs> <o:CharactersWithSpaces>6</o:CharactersWithSpaces> <o:Version>12.0</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing> <w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:DontAutofitConstrainedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="276"> </w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style><![endif]StartFragment

Rosé, to b paired properly due to the smoked strawberries which beg for that) and so for company, I would have that instead, but for today, that worked...

EndFragment

Exotic albeit simple, healthful and minimalistically arranged (my criteria for all that I eat) I loved this MORE than yesterday's SURF/TURF doings, but then again I do "have this thing for tentacles," and also can't stand when steak is overcooked.

In any event, this was a great use of the big strawberry package I bought. And it was fantastic!

For the mere aroma even, how grateful am I!

Cheers to all!!!!!!!! - Leah

Reactions: foamheart
looks good
icon14.gif

might have to try smoke strawberries

Really nice Leah, never thought of strawberries before. Did they add an aromatic or more from the juices to the cuttlefish?  The spinach I would think would become like a strawberry vinaigrette had be added only maybe sweeter? Excellent idea, and of course as always a flawless presentation.

Thank you Dirtsailor!!!!

And Justin too!

And Foamheart, yes, the strawberries were wonderful! I rant and rave more about those in yesterday's "Barramundi & Steak" thread on the fish section, and where I also mentioned YOU, regarding your neighbor who grilled frozen steak etc. (If memory serves me well)?

Feel free to go in there and correct me if I am wrong!

This was really great!

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!! And thank you so much!!!!!!! - Leah

Hah! (Foamheart you got it right, yesterday we had a heatwave and it was about 32 outside indeed)!

As for all my smoking, it's fairly high heat and thus done quickly. (Approx: 350-380-400 for everything I do). I don't "cold smoke" therefore, but do enjoying smoking in the cold!? Smiles.

Happy Sensational Sunday to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!! - Leah

Looks great, must be so nice to have access to fresh fish/seafood all the time.keep up the great work enjoy the pictures (jealous) :-D

Thanks so much Ikrus!!!

And yes, I am very blessed indeed, to have seafood, mollusks and fish galore here. I value that so much! Delicious stuff!

Happy Sunday!!!!

Cheers!!!!!! - Leah

Well thank you very much John!

I'm delighted you've enjoyed my posts! I just posted octopus, and so hopefully that may bring some delicious fun into your day as well!

Meanwhile, happy wrap up of the weekend!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky