Smoked corned beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kmhicks

Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Central Illinois
Trying a new one (for me). Picked up two corned beef briskets yesterday. One is right at 3#, the other about 3½#. Got the smoker going this morning with a nice mix of hickory and mesquite. Rubbed my briskets good with my favorite Private Selections Texas Barbeque rub and in they went. Using beer in the water pan for the first hour or so, then plain water. Will try to post a few times and let everyone know how it's going.

Thanks Al. Might have to play with it a bit, says it can't upload due to low memory. And here I thought I was the one with memory problems

Update time. At 133 IT and looking great. Still not able to post pictures, that's what I get for buying a cheap phone I guess

I'm in for this one.

popcorn.gif

Gary

I've done smoked before; it is good, but you will definitely get a different flavor (closer to pastrami) if you're used to the traditional method. I'm sure you will like it.

I've hit the stall now I think. Actually lost 4 deg IT. Smells great.

Another picture coming soon, will be about 5 hours in

It sure looks good!

What was the final temp, when you pulled it out of the smoker?

Was it nice & tender & juicy?

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky