Smoked Chopped Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NU2SMOKE

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 30, 2019
Smoked Chopped Steak....AKA Meatloaf!!

This was my latest en-devour from the great recipes from here. You guys are great at inspiration!!

I would never have even thought of smoking a meatloaf but OMG I can never eat it any other way again. This was fabulous. I thought I made a good meatloaf in the oven before but now I know it was crap compared to this. There was no sitting in grease or dryness I was used to .... I had to apologize to my kids for torturing them all these years. They both hated the other ...they both loved this one.
So once again thank you to all you guys for the knowledge to elevate my food to another level!!

SO here it is.... SMOKED CHOPPED STEAK!!...LOL
Served with Montreal corn and Au-gratin potatoes!
IMG_2506.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw and gmc2003
Meatloaf is great of the smoker and it freezes well for next-nighters. Yours looks really good, but you left out the basic essentials - the recipe.

Point for sure
Chris

Meatloaf is great of the smoker and it freezes well for next-nighters. Yours looks really good, but you left out the basic essentials - the recipe.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you for the kind words but you are so right oh GURU OF THE SMOKE!

The recipe is as follows

2 LBS Ground Beef 70/30 fat content (the more fat the more moist the loaf)
1 lb Italian Sausage (hot)
1 lg onion chopped to your size liking.
3 eggs beaten (because they were bad)
1-1 1/2 cups Italian Breadcrumbs (depends on moisture content) add just enough to make the loaf without it being sticky
3 table spoons Garlic Powder (promise its not too much)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 bottle lowrys Marinade Steak & Chop (hence the chopped steak theme)

Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
Make into a chub like a fattie and wrap in plastic wrap overnight
Next day get smoker to temp 225 deg
Take chub from fridge form into a loaf and put on a nonstick grill mat
Sprinkle with your favorite rub mix on top.
Put on smoker and smoke till a temp 155
If your going to glaze then mop on the glaze and let smoke another 10-15 min
Take of smoker and let rest 15 min.
While resting you can make some Texas toast to make into a sandwich...(my personal fav)
Slice and watch it disappear.

As far as freezing...I wouldnt know...there was nothing left!!

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks delicious!! I agree, once you start smoking meatloaf there’s no going back. My wife requests it constantly, although I’ll start making it again in the fall.

Like!!

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
Excellent recipe, thanks for posting. I like to use oatmeal instead breadcrumbs, and don't you just hate it when eggs are misbehaving.

Chris

Excellent recipe, thanks for posting. I like to use oatmeal instead breadcrumbs, and don't you just hate it when eggs are misbehaving.

Chris
I never thought to use oatmeal....thats a new one. How does that affect texture?
Yes those eggs can be devils at times...:emoji_wink:

I never thought to use oatmeal....thats a new one. How does that affect texture?
Yes those eggs can be devils at times...:emoji_wink:

Yeah they must like my sense of humor, because I'm always cracking them up.

Oatmeal can absorb/retain more liquid then breadcrumbs. It doesn't really affect the texture or taste one way or the other, but I think it makes for a moister loaf. Some people use regular old white bread. I've tried that but didn't like the final results. little hunks of soaked bread.

Chris

Yeah they must like my sense of humor, because I'm always cracking them up.

Oatmeal can absorb/retain more liquid then breadcrumbs. It doesn't really affect the texture or taste one way or the other, but I think it makes for a moister loaf. Some people use regular old white bread. I've tried that but didn't like the final results. little hunks of soaked bread.

Chris

Actually when I went to make this...I had bought all of the ingredients days prior but had to go back to buy more eggs. When I went to get them I found they had been Poached....:emoji_astonished:

I will have to try the oatmeal trick..do you useit the same and the crumbs.....add till the right texture or add a set amount?

Oatmeal only, and add it like you do the crumbs. I'll add an eye-full(what I think is needed) mix the meatloaf up. If it needs more then I'll add more. If I over did it then I'll add more liquid. Oatmeal also allows you to add more spice to the mix.

Chris

Better poached then have them getting into the scotch.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky