• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Featured Smoked Chicken Wings

pushok2018

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Beautiful wings! I am hungry already... Any chance you can provide some details on how you cooked them?

TNJAKE

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Beautiful wings! I am hungry already... Any chance you can provide some details on how you cooked them?
Thanks. Put them in a big ziploc bag with my home made rub. Made sure coated well. Put in fridge. The salt draws out moisture and makes a nice "brine". Let em sit for 3hrs or so. Smoked at 275°. Bumped up the heat at the very end to crisp them up some more.

TNJAKE

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Thanks. Put them in a big ziploc bag with my home made rub. Made sure coated well. Put in fridge. The salt draws out moisture and makes a nice "brine". Let em sit for 3hrs or so. Smoked at 275°. Bumped up the heat at the very end to crisp them up some more.
Sorry I gotta get better about giving info lol.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Those look great!! I have been craving some good wings. I’m gonna have to get on that.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
So tell s what you got going on there. Looks like a good marinade. am I seeing some dirty bird rub?

TNJAKE

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 26, 2019
So tell s what you got going on there. Looks like a good marinade. am I seeing some dirty bird rub?
No it's a home made rub I use on ribs and chicken. Its turbinado sugar, kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, chipotle,black pepper. The salt in the rub brings the moisture out of the wings and makes the brine or marinade

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks