Smoked Chicken Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Family went to church tonight. I stayed home. Felt pretty guilty about sending them off without me so I decided to make chicken wings to make me feel better. It worked!

Attachments

• 20191017_163513.jpg
    20191017_163513.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Attach9065_20191017_193751.jpg
    Attach9065_20191017_193751.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 170
Beautiful wings! I am hungry already... Any chance you can provide some details on how you cooked them?
Thanks. Put them in a big ziploc bag with my home made rub. Made sure coated well. Put in fridge. The salt draws out moisture and makes a nice "brine". Let em sit for 3hrs or so. Smoked at 275°. Bumped up the heat at the very end to crisp them up some more.

Reactions: jcam222
Thanks. Put them in a big ziploc bag with my home made rub. Made sure coated well. Put in fridge. The salt draws out moisture and makes a nice "brine". Let em sit for 3hrs or so. Smoked at 275°. Bumped up the heat at the very end to crisp them up some more.
Sorry I gotta get better about giving info lol.

So tell s what you got going on there. Looks like a good marinade. am I seeing some dirty bird rub?

So tell s what you got going on there. Looks like a good marinade. am I seeing some dirty bird rub?
No it's a home made rub I use on ribs and chicken. Its turbinado sugar, kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, chipotle,black pepper. The salt in the rub brings the moisture out of the wings and makes the brine or marinade

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky