• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked chicken wings time

gatorbuff15

Joined Mar 20, 2019
When smoking chicken wings, what is a good indicator that the wings are ready to be put on the grill at a high temperature to crisp up some?

crazzycajun

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 17, 2007
I would go 160f-165f depending on how long you leave on the grill,the temperature of the grill, and how long you let them rest are all variables in this equation though.

5GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 12, 2018
You're going to get some different answers on this one, but I put wings on the hottest part of the grill when the internal temp is around 145.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I have just been smoking mine for an hour at 275F and then balance at 300F and get very good bite through skin.

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
^^^ Same here. 375f all the way, I also lightly coat the wings with 1tsp baking powder to 3tsp of kosher salt mix, leave in fridge uncovered for a few hours. Gives an Excellent skin for me :emoji_sunglasses:

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014
>put it on after the rub? mix with some flower?

I don't use rub - just salt. For rub, I would put it on together with the baking powder. I would not use any flour.

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
I usually pull off the smoker @ 160 and crisp them on the gasser and then sauce.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.