Smoked chicken wings time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gatorbuff15

Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
When smoking chicken wings, what is a good indicator that the wings are ready to be put on the grill at a high temperature to crisp up some?

I would go 160f-165f depending on how long you leave on the grill,the temperature of the grill, and how long you let them rest are all variables in this equation though.

You're going to get some different answers on this one, but I put wings on the hottest part of the grill when the internal temp is around 145.

I have just been smoking mine for an hour at 275F and then balance at 300F and get very good bite through skin.

^^^ Same here. 375f all the way, I also lightly coat the wings with 1tsp baking powder to 3tsp of kosher salt mix, leave in fridge uncovered for a few hours. Gives an Excellent skin for me :emoji_sunglasses:

>put it on after the rub? mix with some flower?

I don't use rub - just salt. For rub, I would put it on together with the baking powder. I would not use any flour.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky