Smoked Chicken Wings for the 4th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hennessy

Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday. This is my first post here. It's a wonderful community and an incredibly helpful source.

I decided to take some smoked wings to a party. It was a very basic recipe that yielded great results. I trimmed up some wings into drums and flats, then brined them for 5 hours in the fridge. Brine was nothing official, just consisting of sugar, salt, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and peppercorns.

Was unsure about whether I'd have them done in time, so I par boiled them on the stove first. After pulling from the brine I completely dried them, then tossed them in olive oil. Then I just applied a typical all-purpose bbq rub, followed by a dusting of chipotle powder.

Smoked them in offset smoker at 225-250 for about an hour and 15 minutes until I hit an IT of 160. Went with a mix of red oak and apple.

Results were great. I was concerned that maybe I wouldn't get a deep smoke flavor because they weren't on the smoker long, but I was very happy with the taste. Got many compliments at the party and got asked to smoke some for a birthday party in a month.

Thanks again to the community and I hope you enjoy this easy recipe.
IMG_2324.JPG
IMG_2325.JPG

Must be allot of chickens missing wings they're wings this week. Welcome to the site and your wings look great.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky