Smoked Chicken Stew with Dough Boys ( Dumplings )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I going to cheat. I always use bones and juice to make stock. Thinking about making it on the smoker?

20211030_103937.jpg

Reactions: DRKsmoking
This hit the spot. I messed up and was looking at the wrong dumpling recipe. They came out dense and chewy but where good. I have a recipe been using for years that comes out fluffy every time that I should of used. First time making stock in pressure cooker. Man was that good.

20211030_163924.jpg 20211030_164945.jpg

This hit the spot. I messed up and was looking at the wrong dumpling recipe. They came out dense and chewy but where good. I have a recipe been using for years that comes out fluffy every time that I should of used. First time making stock in pressure cooker. Man was that good.

View attachment 515057View attachment 515055

Brian that looks really good , I bet the pressure cooker brought out the best of flavors

David

Now that sure brought back memories, David. I grew up eating chicken stew with lots of dumpling floating in it. Loved it, and haven't had it for decades. Gonna have to fix that!!
And yes, I know just how ugly the dumplings get if you take the lid off before they're done. LOL.
Great job. Looks delicious.
Gary

Now that sure brought back memories, David. I grew up eating chicken stew with lots of dumpling floating in it. Loved it, and haven't had it for decades. Gonna have to fix that!!
And yes, I know just how ugly the dumplings get if you take the lid off before they're done. LOL.
Great job. Looks delicious.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the like and the comment

It was a great meal and I really missed have dough Boys as they are called down East , as my son in BC calls it . lol
This will be on going during our damp and frozen winter this year .

David

Now your talking Brian. That looks really good. I will have to make a pot soon, as it is cold here now every other day.

Is the Margarita mix hot with the jalapeno or tart with the lime, the combination sounds great

David

Somehow this one evaded me David. That sure does look like it will hit the spot this time of year.

Point for sure
Chris

Somehow this one evaded me David. That sure does look like it will hit the spot this time of year.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

It was a great stew and the smoked chicken added to the final flavour a lot. And never wrong to have doughboys in it also.

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky