Smoked Chicken Stew with Dough Boys ( Dumplings )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's my kind of dumpling; big and fluffy like a fine biscuit!

Rick

Attachments

• Dumpling_1.jpg
    Dumpling_1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Dumpling_2.jpg
    Dumpling_2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 4
my kind of dumplings. frozen biscuit dough is a quick-n-easy way to do them.

Your recipe is much like mine though I always include a bunch of black pepper in the dough, and cut in a LOT more butter and usually cut them out like biscuits. I will use the drop method sometimes.

One suggestion - make the stew a tad thicker and adding a cup of half and half or cream right at the end to thin it down a little. It adds a richness to an already rich meal. It might not go with the soy you use though. I do not like dairy and soy together. I'd add some to a bowl before I'd add it to the whole pot though, just to see.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
my kind of dumplings. frozen biscuit dough is a quick-n-easy way to do them.

Your recipe is much like mine though I always include a bunch of black pepper in the dough, and cut in a LOT more butter and usually cut them out like biscuits. I will use the drop method sometimes.

One suggestion - make the stew a tad thicker and adding a cup of half and half or cream right at the end to thin it down a little. It adds a richness to an already rich meal. It might not go with the soy you use though. I do not like dairy and soy together. I'd add some to a bowl before I'd add it to the whole pot though, just to see.

Thanks for the like and the comment

With the recipe I use it is too damp to cut into shape, that is why it is dropped in by spoon, if i added more flour it would be too dry.
Thanks for the suggestion, but it is very thick as it is and full of flavour, I find the soya sauce gives a nice taste, and you are right not sure what that would be like with cream.
But always open to try new things ... except shell fish lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky