Smoked Chicken & Cheese Salsa Verde Enchaladas ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Boy is that description a mouthfull or what? LOL

Without a load of explainations , I figure everyone knows how to roll up enchiladas. I added 2 modifiers.
I grilled/smoked a chicken last night and itt was amazing. Soooo I stripped and shredded one breast. It was perfectly cooked yesterday and smells soo good!

Here is the link to my Chili Verde sauce :: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...ken-enchiladas-foamheart.291625/#post-2008738

BUT my good buddy BDSkelly turned me on to Herdez Green Chili Enchidala Sauce, I will not say its as good as my recipe, but its almost as good and comes in a jar premade, wow who coulda seen that comming?

Great ingredientts make good food, You can not mess it up.

IMG_1919.JPG

I have started making larger dishes of these, people are just greedy LOL

A bit of Red Rice......

IMG_1920.JPG

And a bit of Homemade (Thats right home made Frijoles Refritos) Refried beans from left over pinto beans and there is no comparison to that stuff in the cans. Hard to beat pintos and lard w/peppers !

IMG_1921.JPG

Thats it just sharing another variation for using left overs! That was/si the best grilled/smoked chicken I have had this year, sooo good! Makes all the diference.

Thats it, Oh and Tropics, you can do a cold longneck or two with this meal!!

Thank all for looking in.

Man that entire meal start to finish is MONEY!!!! I agree too, it’s impossible to beat pintos fried in some lard / bacon grease!

Out of the park as always Foamy! Out of curiosity have you ever used the drippings from pork butt to make re fried pintos? Thanks for sharing, always fun to see what you’re up to!

Man that entire meal start to finish is MONEY!!!! I agree too, it’s impossible to beat pintos fried in some lard / bacon grease!

I have to say how impressed I was with myself the first time I did refried. No, cookbook or google assist and it was amazing how good it was. I still keep some cans in the pantry but I just love beans, and there is only so many days you can eat out of the same pot. LOL beans just get better every day.

Out of the park as always Foamy! Out of curiosity have you ever used the drippings from pork butt to make re fried pintos? Thanks for sharing, always fun to see what you’re up to!

Thank you sir.
I use the pork butt/ribs juices (when I go that way}, to add to pinto beans. BUt the best way IMHO is pintos cooked down with the homemade bacon trim. I'll eat those till I get sick. LOL I don't know, Red beans and rice with andouille, bacon trim and smoked sausage is pretty good too. White beans with fresh country sausage, or Navy Beans with some ham hocks or cured trotters LOL Realy hard to mess up a pot of beans with a cured meat.

That looks delicious. I love using leftover smoked bird in enchiladas.

Thanks

Ya know if we could figure out how to distill that smoked flavor we could bottle it and make a fortune selling it as womens colonge, old smoker #5. Who do you know that wouldn't wanta nibble on that ear if just a little was applied there? You could have beef ribs, spareribs, BBQ sauce, Grilled chicken, cured and smoked andouille. I mean I already embarass myself smelling my hands while smoking and grilling.

BTW Pulled pork makes excellent tamales.

Looks good. I have to agree on the Herdez. We don't eat enough Salsa Verde to warrant a big batch of homemade...JJ

Food looks excellent! Just happened to see that chili verde is on sale this week... gonna have to get some.
I'm with you on the old smoker #5!

Ryan

Beautiful job Foamy!!! Great looking meal all around but those enchiladas are almost heart-stopping.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky