Smoked Cheddar

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 5, 2019
South Aus
My first go at Cheese, i think it came out good? Had a sample and it tasted very nice, bit strong at this moment.

Used Apple Wood for the smoking.

I had to rush to work and forgot to cut the blocks into smaller pieces, smoked 3 hours, then cut them and gave them another hour.

IMG_6771.JPG

IMG_6770.JPG

Looks great you got some nice color on it. Let it rest for a couple weeks and mellow a little then give it a shot. I think you will be happy with the results!

Thanks mate. That two weeks is gonna seem to take forever :emoji_wink:

Got 5 kilograms of it so I hope it’s good.

We tasted it and very happy with the result, my wife is using the cheese in her recipes.

Gave a lot away to friends and family and feedback was great.

Going to try Parmesan and a few others next cold spell.

The longer you let it sit, the more mellower the bite will be. Pics look fantastic.

Looks great! I made the mistake of taking some to a Christmas gathering last year. I was smoking other peoples cheese for a month. At least they bought the cheese!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky