Smoked Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar, and Jalapeno Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txflyguy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Well, here we go again. Last time this season as it is warming up a bit now.
The cheese got a bit oily while smoking, and just a little soft.
Should last
P1030365.JPG
P1030366.JPG
until summer...

Looks great. I like the grill marks. Lunch for me today was some smoked colby, homemade summer sausage and Ritz crackers. I'm going through my stash pretty quickly and will need to do some more before summer.

Looks good! Gotta do it while you can!
What's your favorite? I've become really partial to Mozzarella. I keep it in a wine cooler and I wish it were bigger...

Looks good! Gotta do it while you can!
What's your favorite? I've become really partial to Mozzarella. I keep it in a wine cooler and I wish it were bigger...

I like them all. Sharp cheddar (white) is really good. I like the mozzarella cheese sticks. Based on my little experience, it looks like one month of aging is the minimum required for the flavor to mellow out, and soak through.

Uh, no. It wouldn't last around me...

I'm a cheese hound.
Wish I was your neighbor... ;)

Just had new heavy duty casters welded onto the smoker. I gave some smoked cheese to Bruce, my welder, and he thought it was awesome. Sent a package home with him to share with his wife.
Bruce is a super nice guy, and I invited him up the next time we do a rib fest!

Reactions: SonnyE
6 hrs is not a long time at all.....
Don't let anyone talk you into getting it out until at least a month has passed, though ;)

I did cheat, and tried some from 3 weeks ago. After tasting, my clear favorite is Jalapeno.

Nice batch of cheese and good color. If you like the jalapeno you should try Cabot's Habanaro.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky