Smoked Cevapcici

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hannibal

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Monroe, MI
My friend Boris introduced me to a tasty morsel that he called Cevapcici. He is of Serbian heritage and his family recipe of these little sausage like meat mixture of beef, lamb and pork is simply awesome.

He usually grills them and they are served on a flat bread with onions and kajmak, which is like a lighter flavored cream cheese spread.

I made an attempt at making them a while back and they turned out pretty good. Of course his were a little better. His recipe is passed down through generations as a little of this and a pinch of that, so I was guessing at the measurements for mine.

Anyways, I froze a dozen or so and am thawing them out to smoke them tomorrow just to see how they turn out.

I figure if they are good grilled they would be even better smoked!

Has anyone else tried Cevapcici? Smoked?

I have never heard of it but I would llike to see and hear more about it. For I really like to try new stuff and I'm not to scared to try something new and off the wall.

Are you going to put them in some type of casings? The recipe looks good. Will put them in my todo list...thanks

Never heard of them but they sound like something to look into. Thanks for the tip!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Would you mind sharing your recipe? I have made some but they were using the best guess method, based on my friend's verbal recipe and what I found on the internet. They were pretty good, but not quite perfect.

That's about right.

They're also called Chevapi as well.

Hannibal, I don't have a recipe, I usually just buy them from a local guy. 23 bucks for around 100 pieces. He's been making them for years. Pretty well has the market cornered in my area. They're basically a blend of beef, pork & veal, with his own spice mix.

I wouldn't worry too much about a recipe. They're basically a small skinless sausage. Even back in Croatia, Bosnia or Serbia there are probably so many variations that you could never get a standard recipe.

That's about right.

They're also called Chevapi as well.

Hannibal, I don't have a recipe, I usually just buy them from a local guy. 23 bucks for around 100 pieces. He's been making them for years. Pretty well has the market cornered in my area. They're basically a blend of beef, pork & veal, with his own spice mix.

I wouldn't worry too much about a recipe. They're basically a small skinless sausage. Even back in Croatia, Bosnia or Serbia there are probably so many variations that you could never get a standard recipe.
That's what I have found too. Seems like families have their own variation.

I have never heard of it but I would llike to see and hear more about it. For I really like to try new stuff and I'm not to scared to try something new and off the wall.
I smoked some cevapcici yesterday using the standard recipe with ground beef, pork, and lamb. I used my Char-broil smoker with a combination of apple and cherry wood chips for about 2 hours keeping the temperature between 235 and 250 F. and then finished them off on the Barbque till the internal temp. was 170F.
It was absolutely delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky