Smoked blue cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigboy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Delaware County, Pa
i just found a wedge of blue cheese that I smoked from 3/2015 in the fridge. It’s been vacuum sealed the entire time and I was wondering if it’s still any good to use?

Thanks!

If it's vac sealed, your good to go! I have some cheese that's been sealed for 3-4 years... IMO, it just gets better with age!

Reactions: bigboy
If it only has the normal funky blue cheese smell then your good to go.

Chris

Blue Veined cheese will continue to age but, they also get more pungent developing an ammonia smell that is not Spoilage but not to everyone's taste. The ammonia tends to be just in the nose but not in the taste. I have had some funky super aged goat cheese that the smell could decrease your smoker but the flavor was magical...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky