Smoked berry pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WisconsinCampChef

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 23, 2019
Edgerton, Wi
Well after receiving the new controller from camp chef I had to test it! My wife whipped up a berry pie for us to try baking. The new PID controller held temp great and everything worked perfect! See the results below. Blackberries and raspberries with squeezed lemon juice! Sorry I didn’t get more pics of the actual process to make the pie it was kind of spur of the moment

Attachments

• 7830F95C-E35B-4FD0-B7C8-60E55FC6DF9B.jpeg
    7830F95C-E35B-4FD0-B7C8-60E55FC6DF9B.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 859242FF-6F4C-4164-A890-F7C6FD4F31AF.jpeg
    859242FF-6F4C-4164-A890-F7C6FD4F31AF.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 14
I did some bacon earlier to test as well. So far about 8 hours of total cook time on the new controller since reviving today and loving it so far!

Attachments

• 5EBC56E0-F839-4E39-A882-D8E6BD741A85.jpeg
    5EBC56E0-F839-4E39-A882-D8E6BD741A85.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 13
Both look awesome. Smoked pie is interesting for sure. Glad your finally getting to use your cooker

Man, I love berry pie. The bacon looks to be wonderful also, but now I've got a hankering for pie. I don't know what a PID is, I'm not a pellet guy. Did you run smoke when the pie was in or just use the smoker as more of a oven. I can't see where smoke would improve on a berry pie, tho I can see where a scoop of vanilla ice cream might. I "Like" that pie! RAY

Reactions: WisconsinCampChef
Man, I love berry pie. The bacon looks to be wonderful also, but now I've got a hankering for pie. I don't know what a PID is, I'm not a pellet guy. Did you run smoke when the pie was in or just use the smoker as more of a oven. I can't see where smoke would improve on a berry pie, tho I can see where a scoop of vanilla ice cream might. I "Like" that pie! RAY

When cooking the bacon I cooked it at 160 on smoke setting of 10 and also used an amzn smoke tube. For the pie there we cranked it up to 400 and turned the smoke setting to 1. Also took out the smoke tube. Both cooks used apple and hickory pellets

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky