• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Beef Heart and Tongue

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
I'm not into it personally, but my wife would give her eye teeth for that meal.

Point for sure.

Chris

AP514

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 9, 2018
Wow that looks good...I have not had tongue in years and years...my mom used to make tongue sandwiches for me when I was a kid...with onion, mayo and smoked cheese.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Yup!!
Love me some Tongue & Heart !!
Bet that Tongue was nice & Tender too!!
Like.

Bear

Joined Dec 27, 2017
Thanks everyone! I was super pleased with how it came out. Wasn't sure what temp to cook the tongue to since we had already poached it so we could peel the skin off. Went to stick my thermometer in and it slid in like butter. Took it off then at around 157 if I remember correctly.

meatallica

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 23, 2017
That looks fantastic! I've been thinking about smoking beef tongue for my Dad. He grew up on a farm in Lebanon, PA. and said he misses the way his grandmother prepared it.

OILFIELDTOOL

Joined Aug 22, 2018
Great minds think alike! For Father’s Day, I’ve picked up a cow tongue and heart. I’ll smoke them with the brisket tomorrow.

Thanks Steve, for taking the time to post great info and pics.

chilerelleno

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Great minds think alike! For Father’s Day, I’ve picked up a cow tongue and heart. I’ll smoke them with the brisket tomorrow.

Thanks Steve, for taking the time to post great info and pics.
This thread and the OP haven't been seen in 8 months.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.