Smoked Australian Lamb Chops In Cognac & Herbs De Provence!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Well thank you tons, Ron!

Let's see, 30 years ago, I was indeed 13, and was very much into roasting the entire LEG of lamb then - stuffed with garlic, rosemary and olives in various places - paired with fabulous Bordeaux.

Indeed, I was a foodie since age 6, became a wine connoisseur at age 10, and took over the family cooking as much as allowed, when age 11. But at 13, I suppose, I was a little boring and stuck in a leg of lamb rut really...Ahh well...I've since moved on a bit to more varied things...

In any event, I do hope I made you all smile! Please make today delicious, and thanks very much for your kind remarks. That's certainly quite nice to hear.

Cheers!!!! - Leah
A "Wine-O" at 10, you truely Amaze.....I hope You and I can meet up on "The Other Side" and share a meal......that conversation will be totally Awesome....

Cheers back at Ya!!!!!

Ron

Thanks Ron! Yes, I was drinking at an early age - though not as a "get drunk" thing by any means, but simply as a "taste" with dinner and newfound interest to learn more about.

Anyway, happy midweek to all! Cheers! - Leah

Thanks Ron! Yes, I was drinking at an early age - though not as a "get drunk" thing by any means, but simply as a "taste" with dinner and newfound interest to learn more about.

Anyway, happy midweek to all! Cheers! - Leah
At 51, thats one thing I've never been.........Drunk.....Never made any sense to me....heck, I was 40 something before my kids saw me have a beer with the neighbor on a hot July day....It was the first one in 18 yrs and they still bring that up....I do enjoy a good sweet wine and I love an "Ice Wine"

Almost the WeekEnd, Yippee....Enjoy your Day..

Ron

Hi Ron! Agreed, getting drunk isn't on the fun list, but loving great wine (there is a difference) and paired with fantastic smoked food, just really is!

Not often that folk even know of Ice Wine! Interesting that you fancy such. That can make a lovely gift or dessert wine for people indeed!

Happy Thursday! Here's a big Cheers, and to all! - Leah

Hi Mike!!!

And thank you very much!

This is an older thread of mine, but I'm delighted that it's here; and moreover, it's so good to know that you did land - safely and such!

It's terrific to hear from you, as you are indeed missed!!!

Meanwhile your photos were terrific, and I hope that YOU TOO keep them coming and do teach us all about where you now are!!

Happy new week!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!! - Leah

Thank you so much John!!!

This is an older thread and yet I'm humbled and flattered that it's still around and in any way. Many thank yous therefore!!!! I am so grateful that people have enjoyed it!!!

I have indeed experienced the "Greek Easter" (when living in Athens, Greece) and eaten the eyes, balls, stomach and more, of both the lamb and whole goat roasted, and thus can only imagine what it must have been like in your family basement! Smiles.

Someday I'll share what my family basement looked like, although it's mighty boring compared to your lamb!

Meanwhile, thank you tons for some nice views and words here. This site, and its people, are indeed a gift!

Cheers!!!!! - Leah

Good Morning Rotweiler2! And thanks for checking out my chops!

Do you have two rottweilers? I'm a dog lover, and thus had to ask!

As for these little grass fed guys, I do all my smoking on high heat and quickly. (The longest thing I've smoked was a 9 pound lobster in it's shell, and that was almost 40 minutes - photo below - but otherwise, I am mighty simple and do high heat and just 10-20 minute little smokes).

The lamb chop heat was about 380. Happy smoking!!! I'm sure whatever you make will be delicious!

And come join our "Winos" group if you're a wine drinker or fan of such in any way! (Click up in the "groups" section). We have some really fun conversations and sips over there! Great people!

OK, I hope that helps in any way. Make today delicious!

Cheers!!! - Leah

Hi Leah,

haha - no, just have a little Jack Russel mix, but my last name is Rottler and one thing led to another one day and Rotweiler2 was "born" :-)

Thanks for the tips and I'll check out my  fellow Winos for sure :-)

Cheers,
Lars

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky