Smoke Tube in my MPS for Cold Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salisboss

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 7, 2018
I have an MPS currently and a 12inch AMZN Tube Smoker. This fall I am planning to do some cold smoked bacon. Will running just the tube in the bottom with no gas still be too hot? I would prefer not to cut a hole in the cabinet to run ducting for a mailbox.

I do it all the time in my Weber kettle & my smoke vault, the best results are when I put the tube in the firebox of my Lang. But they all work just fine!
Al

I cold smoke with a tube inside my pellet smoker. Raises the temp by about 20° but takes hours to get that much heat out of it

I cold smoke with a tube inside my pellet smoker. Raises the temp by about 20° but takes hours to get that much heat out of it
So as long as I do it in cool temps outside I should be able to keep it below 80f.

not familiar with your smoker but you could try dust instead of pellets it will burn a little cooler, i'm assuming you could use it in the tube,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky