Smoke Tube in my MPS for Cold Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salisboss

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 7, 2018
I have an MPS currently and a 12inch AMZN Tube Smoker. This fall I am planning to do some cold smoked bacon. Will running just the tube in the bottom with no gas still be too hot? I would prefer not to cut a hole in the cabinet to run ducting for a mailbox.

I do it all the time in my Weber kettle & my smoke vault, the best results are when I put the tube in the firebox of my Lang. But they all work just fine!
Al

I cold smoke with a tube inside my pellet smoker. Raises the temp by about 20° but takes hours to get that much heat out of it

I cold smoke with a tube inside my pellet smoker. Raises the temp by about 20° but takes hours to get that much heat out of it
So as long as I do it in cool temps outside I should be able to keep it below 80f.

not familiar with your smoker but you could try dust instead of pellets it will burn a little cooler, i'm assuming you could use it in the tube,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky