• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoke meat day before party

rbdhd

Joined Jul 13, 2016
Greetings,
I'm having a party and I wanted to know if it's a good idea to smoke meat day or 2 before the party day. I have a small electric smoker that is great for me and a small group but I'm planning on 50 people so I'm thinking I need to spread out the smoking over 2-3 days. I'm thinking I will smoke the meat and then cover with foil, let cool, then place in fridge until day of party. I can take them out and heat them on the grill and add sauce before severing.
Sound like it will be ok?

D

jeffinn

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 7, 2015
Greetings,
I'm having a party and I wanted to know if it's a good idea to smoke meat day or 2 before the party day. I have a small electric smoker that is great for me and a small group but I'm planning on 50 people so I'm thinking I need to spread out the smoking over 2-3 days. I'm thinking I will smoke the meat and then cover with foil, let cool, then place in fridge until day of party. I can take them out and heat them on the grill and add sauce before severing.
Sound like it will be ok?

D
Yep, lots of folks do it that way!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
What are you smoking?

Some things reheat better than others.

Al

rbdhd

Joined Jul 13, 2016
What are you smoking?

Some things reheat better than others.

Al
I'll be doing a few racks of pork ribs and some beef briskets. The briskets I got are a thinner cut of brisket and have nice marble. I've smoked a few of these I found and boy are they good. They are the cheapest cut of meat you can find at Costco right now (in my area).

D

sauced

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 9, 2015
That is what I do.....smoke ahead of time, refrig it and reheat it on grill for party. It will all taste good!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.