SMF Spring 2021 Pennsylvania Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We just started a fire in them before cooking. Didnt really burn it off. No big deal.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Ok there is still time for some of you to make your plans and attend this gathering. Especially some of you locals could at least attend for Saturday. Some great food planned as well as a rib contest.

Warren

For those of us not confident enough in our skill-sets yet, can we just attend and eat ( and pick information)??

We would be glad to have you.
This located near Hersey in Hummelstown. If you would like we will pm you the address.

Warren
Yes please, as well as a reminder of the day. I'll talk with my little lady and see if she and I can escape the kids for a day or so

Camper is packed all but alot of the food. Wife is going shopping tomorrow she says. Alot of the food is packed. Wife is getting our son and his friend out of school at noon. We hope to be there 2-3 on Friday

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Enjoy all.
Just got my Van back from the shop. The rear sub-frame is rotten. Probably would have collapsed going over railroad tracks too fast driving out to Hershey. Theres always next year....JJ

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Spring 2021 SMF Pennsylvania Round-Up... The Venue.
20210430_125558.jpg

Friday Night dinner had to be prepared, and served in a garage on site due to the 40-60 mile per hour winds in the area. We adapted, and overcame.
20210430_192514.jpg

Ribs for the Great Rib Cook-Off that was held on Saturday. We were still battling 30mph winds that day, so the open cooks were not able to happen. Glad the garages were on site, because that's where we had to cook dinner again to get out of the winds. Farmer and Halfsmoked won, because the judges were local and may or may not have been being nice to me.
20210425_171655.jpg

Dinner was able to be held in the top of the barn without having to risk the roof blowing off. Everyone that attended had a belly full of smoked foods and deserts when they went home.
20210501_183807.jpg

Farmer, slicing up some of his Sirloin Roast... Halfsmoked had his smoked goose next to it. Not too many leftovers by the nights end.
20210501_183720.jpg

The legendary Halfsmoked and his Wife.. GREAT people to have to an event ( and she makes an EXCELLENT orange cream sickle cake).
20210501_183846.jpg
20210501_183728.jpg
20210501_183740.jpg

Overall, it was a great event even though we didn't have the turnout I expected. Everyone went home with a little bit of knowledge gained, and a Great time was had by all. Special thanks to pc farmer pc farmer , his family HalfSmoked HalfSmoked and his wife for helping me with this event, and making it all come together.

Now then, lets get ready for the FALL Round-Up.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky